Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 2374 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 12:06:19 am »

Guys, take this thread/argument/whatever somewhere else.
DF has no place for Bose-Einstein Condensates or anything like that.
Bismuth is lighter/less dense than Silver.

ARGUMENT OVER.

ya i have admitied that it is less dense. i said that in my last post. but im saying that it has a higher atom waight.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 01:21:05 am »

So it has more protons/neutrons? Given that the atomic-scale structure of matter in the game is not modeled, the hypothetical composition of chemical elements doesn't strike me as bearing on the in-game properties of metals.
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 01:49:48 pm »

The point here is that the discussion regarding the DF world has been completed and all further discussion therefore belongs on a board other than the DF Gameplay questions board. So please lock this thread, move it or just let it die. We have other beginner questions to answer here and, not to be mean, but this thread is bumping important questions downwards. If you wish to suggest how DF might better follow the real world, then you are able to move the thread (bottom left corner of the screen for the original poster) to the suggestions board. Elsewise please refrain from posting further about real world mechanics in it while it occupies the DF Gameplay Questions board unless you have a further gameplay question to ask.

Thank you,
i2amroy
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 01:59:44 pm »

The point here is that the discussion regarding the DF world has been completed and all further discussion therefore belongs on a board other than the DF Gameplay questions board. So please lock this thread, move it or just let it die. We have other beginner questions to answer here and, not to be mean, but this thread is bumping important questions downwards. If you wish to suggest how DF might better follow the real world, then you are able to move the thread (bottom left corner of the screen for the original poster) to the suggestions board. Elsewise please refrain from posting further about real world mechanics in it while it occupies the DF Gameplay Questions board unless you have a further gameplay question to ask.

Thank you,
i2amroy

seconded
sorry for the whole quote thing, but i wanted to write something similar but it lacked the complete explanation and comprehension of this, and was much more insulting. I think you could continue this discussion somewhere else more profitable.

I'm quoting and restating the whole meaning as an emphasis on the quoted post.

read it and head it
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2011, 02:59:24 pm »

but now what if a plutonium hammer was made??? Armok save us

I know it doesn't work like that, but the image came into my head of someone dual-wielding two such hammers.  And then, by accident or design, bashing them together.

:)

Edit: My apologies.  Since the message I was replying to there's been quite a bit of heat (and not much light).  I was unaware of this when I thought I would make what I thought was a not too intrusive mental divergence.  (And at the same time get a tab on the thread so that I might more sensibly contribute later, but I now see that I can add nothing.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:10:31 pm by Starver »
Pages: 1 2 [3]