Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Google+ community game  (Read 730 times)

Chobeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Google+ community game
« on: November 18, 2011, 05:08:03 am »

Greetings,

we are trying to start a bloodline game on G+. Here's the link:https://plus.google.com/b/103373139937626313951/103373139937626313951/posts/ZjWcoDFNPDH
You are welcome to join or follow us.

I'm the one supposed to manage it all but i never did it. Any useful advice or a link to a guide?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Google+ community game
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:17:26 pm »

You'd be better off starting one here friend.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
Re: Google+ community game
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:33:03 pm »

Well, the smart thing to do is just to try and make sure that you label everything you do so that future players know what everything is, don't pick an area that's too challenging fro new players, and try and get a solid layout made early that can be read pretty easily.
But that's boring.
The !FUN! thing to do is to label nothing and have dozens of levers, embark somewhere no dwarf in their right mind would ever want to be within miles of, and build the entire fortress as a hodgepodge of random tunnels and rooms added on whenever need or fancy strikes you.  And make sure that you have at least two potentially fortress dooming superweapons ready for use at any given time.  Making them work properly and safely is optional.
The Master also has a point about doing it here.  Not necessary but can be useful, especially when new people need advice.
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"