Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sieges ending?  (Read 1081 times)

Zombiearcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sieges ending?
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:35:14 am »

Has anyone else found that the goblins stop besieging your fortress after a few years? My military needs training and I miss the lil green targets. :(

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sieges ending?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 10:16:29 am »

Yeah, sieges don't last for ever.

Half priced goblinite, but only for a year! Get it while it's hot! Preferably with the blood of the goblin you just took it from.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 10:21:42 am »

I guess they simply realized they cant kill you, that, or you just mined all of the local goblinite, wait while it regenerates
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:30:13 am »

Elves make a GREAT target! When their next caravan shows up, kill all but one trader, and when their ambushes/sieges come, go give their hippy asses what for!!!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 10:34:06 am »

Or use stuff from caverns as targets. In addition, you may butcher some of that stuff. Crundle leather caps for all!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 10:38:55 am »

If you are really into sieges get Fortress Defense II (over in the modding forum) and install it.  Aside from getting sieges far more often (in fact I've been sieged four times at the same time) they also start far earlier (usually by the end of the second year at the latest) and have far more creatures (some far weaker than dwarves, some far, far stronger).

If fighting is your thing, that mod is your best friend. 

Zombiearcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 10:47:26 am »

Thanks for the replies all, I didn't mean A siege lasting for ever I meant new ones popping up after I had defeated the last one. Haven't had one for about 2 years now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 10:53:34 am »

Thanks for the replies all, I didn't mean A siege lasting for ever I meant new ones popping up after I had defeated the last one. Haven't had one for about 2 years now.

Increase your exports + fortress worth

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 11:48:21 am »

I've had similar occurences.  I was getting a siege or two per year for a couple of years, then I got nothing for a couple of years except forgotten beast attacks and minotaurs.

In this case, I was pumping out adamantine weapons and armor too, so my wealth was exploding.  I realized I hadn't traded anything in a while though, and after I did the sieges returned.  Could be a coincidence, but in my experience at least it seems exports are are very important parts of calculating when and how big sieges are.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 02:35:24 pm »

I think exports are related to sieges and migrants, which makes sense--the world hears you have a good thing going and comes to partake or take it for themselves.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Zombiearcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 02:43:14 pm »

The not trading thing might be it, I have been ordering a lot of wood so my trade figures aren't huge.