Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead lover, ooooooookay than!  (Read 1769 times)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
Dead lover, ooooooookay than!
« on: November 11, 2011, 05:47:34 pm »

I was looking at my only living miner (the other you'll hear about in a moment) and noticed she has a lover, so I zoom to said lover and what do I find? a dead dwarf, my other miner(killed by zombie deer).
Do dwarves hold their relationship tags after death or... shudders

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead lover, ooooooookay than!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:49:58 pm »

I'm surprised you can zoom to the dead dwarf - usually, once the lover (or sibling, parent, friend, etc.) dies, you lose that option.

But yeah, that dwarf will still show up as a lover in that dwarf's relationship panel. Forever. As far as I can tell, dwarves mate for life.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:53:32 pm »

Yes, dwarves will never remarry/love. "Till death to us part"? ELVES! DWARVEN LOVE IS ETERNAL!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 06:04:45 pm »

I'm surprised you can zoom to the dead dwarf - usually, once the lover (or sibling, parent, friend, etc.) dies, you lose that option.

But yeah, that dwarf will still show up as a lover in that dwarf's relationship panel. Forever. As far as I can tell, dwarves mate for life.
no I clicked the view option in relationship menu.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 06:06:25 pm »

Oh, ok. Yeah, that button still works. It won't show a physical description of that dwarf (usually just "His/her upper body is gone"), but you can always see their preferences, relationships, and thoughts at the moment of death.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:29:31 pm »

Oh, ok. Yeah, that button still works. It won't show a physical description of that dwarf (usually just "His/her upper body is gone"), but you can always see their preferences, relationships, and thoughts at the moment of death.
Nope, everything is still here, he has even complained of a draft recently.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 08:09:40 pm »

Yes, dwarves will never remarry/love. "Till death to us part"? ELVES! DWARVEN LOVE IS ETERNAL!

But that would imply dwarves are obsessive! Absurd!

Oh wait...
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 12:44:53 am »

But that would imply dwarves are obsessive! Absurd!

Oh wait...
Now if only they were also compulsive ... then we wouldn't have so many idling away in the meeting hall instead of getting your bloody work done, ye slackers!  * cough * erm ... excuse me.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 01:54:45 am »

Having obsessive compulsive dwarves would be terrible. They already waste enough time cleaning toxic substances off the walls in the nude or rearranging their cabinets full of clothes they refuse to wear!

But yeah, most dwarves don't have any sort of love life, and those that do usually have it, or their own lives, end abruptly, and refuse to seek new lovers. Married and engaged, or parent/child dwarves are 5-10 times more likely to be killed in random, non-snatcher-related accidents than anyone else from my experience, not including being killed by their loved ones. Not really surprised that dwarves refuse to surrender their virginity with statistics like that...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.