Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marksdwarfs on towers  (Read 736 times)

Kelroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Marksdwarfs on towers
« on: November 11, 2011, 04:51:07 am »

I built a fortress aboveground and placed towers where my marksdwarf should defend the entrance from the enemies attempting to pass the drawbridge. The problem is, I have no idea how to place my marks on the tower and fire at the enemies passing below them. I set a burrow and placed an alert for my marks to go there, I modified their entire schedule giving orders to go on the burrow on the tower, but still they kept training and instead my mason and a random axedwarf were there doing nothing. In the end I had to face directly the enemy losing my best marks because a human caravan had the urge to go away in the middle of a goblin ambush, making me feel very angry after all the work to put on the defenses.

How can I make my marks shoot enemies from towers as they pass below them?
Therian Saga - In-game Name: Isgaroth

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marksdwarfs on towers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 08:06:55 am »

1. Have the burrow 1 tile wide behind fortifications, and +1 z level above the entrance.
2. Make sure you have "C" ammo assigned in military->ammunition (My experience is that having constantly "CT" on generic bolts works best)
3. Set the correct alert level to defend the burrow for the squad (both in schedules and remember to actually set the squad to that alert level).
4. Make sure they actually have all equipment and ammunition available

Squad->move (Station) will also work.

(edit: added some)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:10:07 am by humblegar »