Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uncharted Series  (Read 614 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Uncharted Series
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:45 am »

I just picked up my pre-ordered copy of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception today, and was kindof disappointed to not find any discussion thread on here.  >:(
Haven't played it yet, will do so tomorrow after work, but just looking through the awesome limited-edition case has really got me in the mood for some Uncharting...

Any of you guys with a Ps3 have it? Or we can just use this thread to discuss the series in general. :) The story is definitely always the highlight of the games for me, closely followed by the puzzles and platforming; but I'm looking fowards to seeing if the actual gunplay is improved this time around. 

Oh, and if you have been playing this, please spoiler any spoilers! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Series
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 09:57:38 am »

My roommate liked it.  He said it wasn't quite as good as number 2, but still pretty good.

I can't stand aiming with controllers so I haven't played any of them, but when I watch someone else play I thought the dialog was pretty funny.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:02:58 am »

Damnit, I still haven't gotten a chance to play it, things keep coming up in my spare time! D: I don't want to half-arse it, as the game's story is always its strong point, and thus deserves my full attention.

And @Levi: Well, I prefer aiming with a controller to a mouse, but I never really liked Uncharted's gunplay much anyway; the great thing, the truly great thing about it is the story, characters, scenery and the platforming. :)
Hopefully I can actually play the darn thing this afternoon!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 03:23:12 pm »

I love the Uncharted series. A great series from a great developer. The game is like a real adventure movie, great cast, witty, good story, good action and some over-the-top-scenes. ALso Nolan North does and excellent job. I haven't got the third yet, but I will someday.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!