Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding archer training  (Read 452 times)

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Regarding archer training
« on: December 02, 2011, 11:53:55 pm »

Hey guys. ive managed to put up a nice X bow Squad. now ive set up archery ranges and put them in the same room as their barracks ive assigned them wood and bone bolts to train with ive set their schedule to train 4 at a time there is 5 of them ive assigned them to train at the archery ragne and the barracks and they are on active/training duty. but for some reason those dorfs just dont wanna practice. maybe its becuse they think there to damn good i dunno yet my mele dorfs seem happy sparring next door. :D PLZ Help

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding archer training
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 01:01:50 am »

Are your ranges set up to fire in the correct direction? (q) over a target and see what direction it's set up for shooting to happen.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 01:13:46 am »

also, have you set up all targets as archery ranges (same q, then r)

if you want them to focus more on archery, disable the barracks training. They might be training dodging and such
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 06:49:29 am »

they were set to shoot the right way. it was just my impatience getting the better of me they are training now. But regarding the dodging thing. i just had an encounter with a cyclops i took the beast down with no losses i had 7 melee dwarfs and 5 archersand about 20 wardogs. .all the dorfs are  trained in dodging and they kept dodging until the cyclops leg was disabled. most archers have 2 wardogs assigned. anyways the dodging feature saved the archers ass from what i read in the fight. and the dogs kept latching on. one even latched on to its eye lid :D then my militia captain decides he shall latch on too with his right upper tooth or something. reading throgh the combat log i felt bad for the poor C becuse they kept whacking him from bottom up severing motoring nerves in the legs and then in the arms finaly they hit its heart and brused it and then he gave into pain after that his brain got pierced with a short sword. the whole time the dogs were latching on to the thing and in the final moments the dogs were swinging the cyclops around. to say the least i am prowd of my first army. i thoght the dogs were just cannon fodder but against that cyclops they actualy tore off skin and brused muscles. im even thinking about going after the megabeast in the caves. it has left me alone and a lone hatch is keeping it away from me i think its 1z lvl down. its some kind of a lobster with two tails.