Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reporting crime: Does a possessed or mad dwarf need to have his actions reported  (Read 731 times)

deek0146

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In regards to toady's recent update about crimes needing to be reported now, will this still apply to active combat?
Atm, if a dwarf goes raging it just fills up your message box, first with "Urist has gone completely berserk!" and then "Urist killed this dude, and killed this cat" etc, if the crimes needed to be reported then this wouldn't happen, and therefore you also might not know about a dwarf going mad immediately.

Could this lead to goblin invasions etc needing to be reported?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the reporting thing only comes up when someone dies out of sight--say in the twisty tunnels Toady was making.  I'm pretty sure an army of goblins butchering the peasantry would be notable enough not to need to go through the sheriff. However hunters and wood choppers might die to a random ambush without being noted, esp. if most of your fort in underground.  I think anyways.  I bet the new release will be full of bugs features
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

Hmm. What about fell-mood murderdwarves? Would they get reported, do you think, or would they be ignored as with the current system?
くコ:彡

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile

Maybe, depending on the dwarf sacrificed, a fell mood can be forgiven if the artifact is worth it.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe, depending on the dwarf sacrificed, a fell mood can be forgiven if the artifact is worth it.

When fell moods happen and I get a nice dwarf leather cap, I like to promote the dwarf as long as it wasn't a miner or metalworker of some sort who died, all others are forgiven.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

And if it happened to be a noble, the dwarf gets promoted either way.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And if it happened to be a noble, the dwarf gets promoted either way.

Rigth straight into Nobility if I had my way.  I like the inherent irony.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

That's not irony, that's a Klingon Promotion.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!