Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My New Embark has 13k+ Candy (Spoilers)  (Read 3248 times)

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My New Embark has 13k+ Candy (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 05:18:44 am »

It is strange, in my savegame I removed all [aquifer] tags, and still there are damp walls.
A view with reveal showed the sand still contains an aquifer.
Any ideas?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 05:32:36 am »

It is strange, in my savegame I removed all [aquifer] tags, and still there are damp walls.
Any ideas?

If I'm not mistaken, removing aquifers after embarking won't help you. Your best bet would be to re-extract the save, remove aquifers (make sure you're removing them from the save file's RAWs, not the main ones, otherwise it'll require a full regen and I can't guarantee that it'll gen the same after such a modification), then re-embark.

If you're not willing to do all that, then your best bet is to dig around the sand, rather than through it. Depending on how you positioned your embark, you should have the option of either going through the mountainous biome to the east (near the volcano), or, peculiarly enough, through any of the embark tiles just to the west of the original 4x4. One way or another, you should be able to get by the sand. If you're just looking for a place to put farms, perhaps digging down to the first cavern layer and walling off a portion would be a viable option?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 06:11:13 am »

Oh well, I will re-embark....
greetz
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 01:02:20 pm »

One failed attempt so far - I played for a few hours, then the game crashed when a Forgotten Beast came and started wrecking the place. This time, I'll be embarking with all the tools necessary to get my military training immediately, rather than waiting until the beginning of the second year to set that up.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 02:07:49 pm »

I embarked and the forts name is Spearbear... ahahaha

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 08:39:05 pm »

Any ideas?
If I'm not mistaken, removing aquifers after embarking won't help you. Your best bet would be to re-extract the save, remove aquifers (make sure you're removing them from the save file's RAWs, not the main ones, otherwise it'll require a full regen and I can't guarantee that it'll gen the same after such a modification), then re-embark.
From my experience, if you regen with the aquifer tags removed from the main RAWs, the world will still gen exactly the same, minus aquifers.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 08:49:47 pm »

If my current fort fails to storm hell, I might use this one to arm all of my dwarves with adamantine (without exploits £:!)

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 09:19:30 pm »

It's all I ever really wanted...
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.
Pages: 1 [2]