Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Poetry, Story & Song: Share yours!  (Read 884 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Poetry, Story & Song: Share yours!
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:04:41 pm »

I've met so many wonderful games and roleplayers here in Bay12 in the time I've roamed these boards. It'd be a pleasure to expand upon my friendship base and delve into the realm of writers, poets, composers, and novelists. C'mon, I know there's at least a few dozen of you guys out there. ;)

To break the ice, here's my first submission. I just finished writing this one an hour ago, for myself as well as a dear friend who's going through similar relationship troubles. I needed to get my thoughts out and admit something I just don't want to admit to myself. What better way than through poetry and song? I'm working on a piano composition to back it but there's nothing solid yet. The piano track is really depressing at the moment, I need to work with it to make it match the steady rise and fall of emotion the writing portrays.

Anyway, here's... Well, I guess I'll call it "Summer's Breeze".

--- --- ---
||| ||| |||
--- --- ---

SUMMER'S BREEZE

Happiness - what a subjective emotion, so ruthless in its yearning, yet as fleeting as the sun-touched breeze of summer. Minuscule moments within the endless passage of time that seem to make all of our suffering, all of our pain worth bearing. How can simple smiles and childish laughter have such an absolute affect on one's well-being and general demeanor? How can silence and isolation corrupt someone so deeply without an utterance of hurt?

Fragile things, we humans are.
Fractured to the core, yet euphoric by far.
Such eccentric things do we so cling to,
Our needs and desires so shallow and vain.
In love our hearts bind us; so foolish, hopeful and blind,
A foolish hopelessness that caresses so gently;
The universal opiate to fragile human minds.

Yet somehow, in the midst of this cultured madness,
Vast oceans of heedless wanting,
We find ourselves more truthful in our hopeless state,
Than ever we were in our solemn debate

For once were we hurt in the heart's deception of hope,
Such that it fractured the bindings; tattered remnants of rope
And now, with blindness cured, the heart and mind set free,
our thoughts seem to wander to what dreams could not see.

Our love, once eternal, a pleasant breeze upon sun-kissed flesh,
Now lies barren and cold as the fell northern winds.
And though white-washed gazes show naught but ice and snow,
Beneath the sea of white lie the sleeping seeds of all we know

The light bears a shadow, in darkness we're set free
Alone we each are broken, together we must be
Embrace the Fool for he knows best, in love and hope and utter loss,
For we who see with logical eye may as well try to grasp at the vast blue sky.

Such fools are we, enthroned by love, who fail to embrace it when push comes to shove
So quick to denounce great matters of heart, for one simple reason; Love once was broken apart
Our hearts rendered fallow, so barren to the touch,
A tear rendered null as the heart is frozen shut.

So quickly we lose touch with the yearning of our hearts,
As time, ever fleeting, makes us colder and colder.
So long do we wander, in darkness without reason,
Searching unknowingly for the light to shine forevermore.

--- --- ---
I am unhappy. Not because I don't love, not because I don't understand love, not because I fail to grasp love. I am unhappy because my mind, in its logic, fails to comprehend the beauty of love that my heart knows so well. Through loss and suffering the heart may grow cold, but its the mind that so eagerly blinds itself to the matters of the heart. So eager to forsake love when it is hurt, because it is easier to believe love is a lie than to continue striving to accomplish what once went wrong.

I am unhappy because I've lost touch with my heart and, though I love and am loved in return, I cannot seem to comprehend that very same love; as if a connection has been broken not between us but within myself. It is as if all the warmth of my heart cannot penetrate the veil of ice my mind casts upon it, afraid to release it from its frozen prison.

When it comes down to it, as simple as it may be said, it may be put in one simple sentence. A short string of words that speak volumes more than this song ever could.

"...I am afraid to love again, in fear that I may hurt and be hurt just the same."
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

schrocko88

• Bay Watcher
  • What's up homie?
    • View Profile
Re: Poetry, Story & Song: Share yours!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:38:30 pm »

Add magma? Why the hell not?