Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Devlog: Knights of the Round Whatever and/or Serpent cult  (Read 1619 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Devlog: Knights of the Round Whatever and/or Serpent cult
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:50:06 am »

Looking at the Dev log--apparently now it is possible to train up several demigod adventurers, retiring each in the mountain homes, and then receive them as random migrants.

Which of course brings up the idea of forts built to accomodate godly warriors

Now if, like myself, you like modding the adventurer tags a little to make adventurers of other races such as serpent men and ant men--you can retire them in the mountain homes just the same, so I'd bet you can get friendly serpent cults going complete with master snake swordsmen, or build a hive driven by antmen overlords.

I wonder if this will cause bugs.

I wonder if anybody else sees crazy implications
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Devlog: Knights of the Round Whatever and/or Serpent cult
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:56:54 am »

I'm going to assume that it can only be Dwarves that can migrate to your fortress. I could be wrong but considering that we already get historical figures that come to the fortress and are competely broken (count as pets, can't change skills, etc) I imagine Toady wants to avoid that.
On the other hand you can use already migrating historical figures from outside your race as evidence for non-dwarf immigrants. So I really have no idea. It's a wait and see apporach.  :)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:02:56 am »

The historical figure immigrants have to belong to the same civilisation. Given there is no way to join a civilisation in adv. mode so far, nor is there a way to include multiple species into one civ in the raws, you're going to have to look to castes to make stuff like this happen. That is, any special beings will already be generated regularly in your civ so they won't be that special.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 11:07:11 am »

So you're saying it wouldn't check the mountain homes for possible migration candidates on the basis of the mountainhomes site, but rather the specific civ membership roster. Hmm...sadness, but still possible to make a premade population of superdwarf migrants with patience.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:59:07 am »

Just make a dwarf of the civilization your fortress is. Make him infected with were disease. Then retire him make more dwarves of your civ. Then retire those dwarves. Then infect those dwarves with your were inflicted Adventurer. Once all hose adventurer's migrate to my fortress i begin the Were(animal cult) when the full moon comes i lock them in a chamber shaped like the animal then release goblins

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 12:17:40 pm »

Wrestling is the easiest skill to train up. Thus my plan is to make a dwarf, throw a bunny around with a macro then retire and repeat. Seems that in a few hours I would have a dozen or two legendary + ∞ wrestlers populating the mountainhomes. I'm assuming having so many of them retired I'd most likely get at least half a squad of them in a few migrant waves. I think I'll pair them with a squad of spear/axe dwarves for bigger baddies and see if I can find a utility that makes a cracking sound whenever a wrestler breaks a gobbo's bones. It'd be pretty funny if I could give my wrestlers a uniform consisting of a loin cloth and have their barracks coated with plant oil.

As an unrelated note on wrestling, I love the ability to pinch off various bits. Got your nose!
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 03:25:05 pm »

If a dwarf civ is destroyed during worldgen, are all dwarven outsiders not part of whatever group it was that led the civ? So it'd be impossible to create a dorf civ where all your migrants are super-powered adventurers that you created just to get migrants?