Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oh god what do i do  (Read 2486 times)

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god what do i do
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 02:38:11 pm »

Clever girl...
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »

XD The picture didn't show up, so I don't know, but here's a dwarven rule of thumb that has always helped me out in a pinch.

When in doubt, burn everything.

Magma is always the solution.

Magma is not the solution for the steel pterosaur forgotten beast with deadly dust that attacked my. In fact, excluding insta-kill exploits, any procedural megabeast made of steel is unkillable without adamantine slashing weapons, and one made of iron is still immune to magma.

Dude, if there's a steel dinosaur with deadly dust in your fort, you're already screwed.

I'm quite aware of that; said FB killed my fort and has defied any and all attempts to reclaim. Granted, without the deadly dust, a well trained squad of dwarves wielding candy battleaxes might do it.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 06:41:49 pm »

I'd love to see a steel blob with deadly dust just so I can trap it in a 1x1 tile room and poke it with spears.

If you know what you're doing, even a steel blob poses no threat to you. as a last resort, always connect your cavern entrance with a seal able room that has furniture in it. the beast will path in to destroy your tables and then you can trap it and laugh at it till the end of time.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 07:50:03 pm »

Attack ON Fortress

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 03:03:00 am »

Clever girl crundle...
I always think of them as raptory things for some reason
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.
Pages: 1 [2]