Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Allergies, Diseases, and also Vegan Dwarves  (Read 6389 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Allergies, Diseases, and also Vegan Dwarves
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 02:17:53 pm »

Dwarves already have allergies. They are allergic to the sun. As well DF is set during a time in history where being a vegan would be detrimental. Even if you forget that you couldn't manufacter the vitamin supplements you couldn't really afford to be picky about what you ate when there was a real possibility of starving.

Ummm, there is tons of farming options that allow one to not even need meat.

I suppose vegan dorfs could be weaker in general, being more easy to be killed by wounds and others but they could live longer when faced by old age.

Wait what? I'm vegetarian and I'm stronger than a lot of people that I know, and taller than most...what's your logic behind this?

More on topic I think allegies and vegan dwarves would be pretty cool. I imagine them as something that wouldn't come up much, however it would force you to rely on multiple food sources, you couldn't only rely on plump helmets, what if your legendary gem setter is allergic? You can't rely only on meat, what if your dungeon master is a vegan?

A lot of vegans make the mistake of having low sources of protein, vitamin D, oils and calcium + zinc.

I assume plump helmets must have em all ;P
Pages: 1 2 [3]