Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Request a short story  (Read 2494 times)

LutherC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Request a short story
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 11:36:34 am »

Adventures of a powerful but internal-crisis-driven wizard in the dream world. The wizard became so disillusioned with life on earth that he became suicidal, and instead of kill himself he disappeared into the world of Faerie, where he wandered for centuries having various adventures. Deep wisdom and great power collide with escapism and self-destruction, but through it all he has a good heart and a profound sense of justice.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 07:17:36 pm »

What, and the whole "40k story, happy ending" wasn't asking a lot?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 07:41:50 pm »

Perhaps a story about a mugger with a heart of gold who is hired by Albanian spies to mug the leader of a local gang?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 11:54:10 pm »

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 08:14:53 am »

It was more easily doable until you invoked Necrons. :P

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 08:18:19 am »

It was more easily doable until you invoked Necrons. :P

Are you kidding? Necrons are probably the most populous of the races :P

Okay. New idea. Protagonist is a Necron, happy ending :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 08:43:26 am »

I can't help but think that a story from average Necron's point of view would be really, really boring. If I have time tonight, I'll give the first idea a shot.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 01:04:16 am »

Right, considering the stories we have nominated I think I'm going to open the next choice to vote on, after I'm done with this one of course. I still have at least 8 more installments in this Orc's story -Which still needs a name-, which should last until late October with a projected word count of 25K or so.  (That's the rough equivalent of a slim 104 pages in a book the size of your average paperback.)

Hopefully I'll have the third piece out and the end of tomorrow, going to heat the action up some there... It will however wait until I've run the turn for my D-22 people, so be aware of that.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 06:16:22 am »

I don't think it's a good idea to write fanfiction based of suggestions like this. The main reasons to write fanfiction is because you're a huge fan and feel more inspired about it than about writing something original, which is unlikely to be the case if you're just taking requests, or because you can't come up with your own stuff, in which case you should just ask for requests to be more detailed.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 06:40:15 am »

Can you write a horror story, without a happy ending? Maybe so that the thing that people think is 'evil' ain't so evil?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 09:08:35 pm »

-Which still needs a name-
... The Sounding Shaft. The Dancing Gauge. The Coiled Spring. The Twisting Bolt would come first, and be most fitting.

Can you write a horror story, without a happy ending? Maybe so that the thing that people think is 'evil' ain't so evil?
I don't think Draignean would limit himself to a thing so simple as that, if he's going to write it well.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:10:46 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 04:30:11 pm »

Eh wha? Oh yes, I made this thread. How very odd. Perhaps I should do something with it?

-Which still needs a name-
... The Sounding Shaft. The Dancing Gauge. The Coiled Spring. The Twisting Bolt would come first, and be most fitting.

That sounds more like a series about a struggling robot ballerina...

I don't think Draignean would limit himself to a thing so simple as that, if he's going to write it well.

Good and evil are matters of perception, there is only sanity, and insanity.
---

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 01:39:55 am »

Eh wha? Oh yes, I made this thread. How very odd. Perhaps I should do something with it?
...Please!?

The Iron Spike. ...
That sounds more like a series about a struggling robot ballerina...
A golem preformer with a vendetta and an orcish elemental mage. I approve of your idea.

Good and evil are matters of perception, there is only sanity, and insanity.[/quote] And they can exist in any binary fraction within the same head! -For a given moment. --For a given definition of "binary fraction of insanity".
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 07:37:59 am »

I may have to do the 40k happy ending. It isn't too hard. Afterall the Space Marines and the Chaos Marines simply have to realise that they truely love eachother and ask the Eldars to wed them. Afterwords they adopt the Trinids as pets and spread peace and love through the galaxy.

Hmmm nevermind I have no talent... Continue.

Anyhow if you want some more skill...

Write the EXACT same story with the exact same events. However it should be written in the first person. Both stories should involve the same main character with different personalities and preferably a different speaking style but the exact same outlook (or rather, what is good for one is good for the other. How they come to the same conclusion can differ slightly)

Allowing characters of differing personalities to speak and think differently is important.
Pages: 1 [2]