Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Asian Parents Dislike White Girlfriend  (Read 13101 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Asian Parents Dislike White Girlfriend
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2011, 11:54:36 pm »

Pickled eggs were popular before people had refrigeration. They were capable of being preserved longer then even raw eggs and thus for a time they were quite popular along with pickles.

Given Alternatives they were for a short period of time one of the staples of your diet.

They weren't a food that held up well once refrigeration became widespread.

It is odd but you can tell just by tasting a food, sometimes, what money bracket it was made for. My Mother's favorite dish is Mashed Potatoes covered in Ground Beef and Gravy. We at it as kids and later I found out apperantly that it was "Poor people food" (apperantly) which made sense given my mother's upgiving. Others included, and honestly I still like it with Katchup, was Cornbeef and sliced potatoes fried up together.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:01:50 am by Neonivek »

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 12:47:35 am »

Ugh, never ate pickled food that tasted nice. Then again I don't like vinegar so that probably goes a ways to explaining that...

As for OP: Why not just keep your parents out of your love life? Like completely? If they bring it up, tell them to keep out. If they keep bringing it up, tell them louder to keep out. Don't bring your girlfriends to see them, don't bring them to see your girlfriends, everybody stays happy?

Of course this does require some degree of compartmentalisation. Friends never meet parents never really meet girlfriends never meet the other group of friends never meet the other other group of friends etc. I guess most people can't do this, but can't imagine not doing this so take my advice for what it is: Practical but probably somewhat 'heartless'.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:49:40 am by MorleyDev »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 12:48:58 am »

And if they want to marry?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:58 am »

That's a bit long-term for my thinking I guess, never planned on staying with anyone that long before. But I'm sure it could be worked around, like invite the parents and they're pretty much obligated to be on their best behaviour or they look like terrible parents/people. Social pressure either keeps them in line, or they probably are terrible parents/people and you have a pretty good reason to cut them out of your life. Especially since odds are if you're getting married, you are in a place where you don't need their support any more, so don't lose much for cutting them out.

(Again: Practical but heartless).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:56:27 am by MorleyDev »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 12:54:34 am »

Yeah, just saying, that sort of game theory is generally not what one does if one doesn't want to be in an antagonistic relationship with whomever they're gaming.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 01:54:08 am »

Trust me, your parents will learn to deal with it.

(Even though my mum is still holding out for me to marry a nice Thai girl)

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 06:54:19 am »

I was once in a situation like this. My asian girlfriend and I were having a nice meal with her parents. And by nice I mean awful, of course, for her parents were voicing there dislike of me in everyway the could. I was offended, but I could not let them get the best of me! Thusly, I stood up looked the father straight in the eye and said,

"Why do you offend me so, kind old man
My feelings for your daughter, I won't hide
Yet you deny me so, and always chide
I also give, really, really good sex"

And so the parents laughed at my poetry! And they jested! And they crowned me king of profound bamboozlin'! After I showed my bravery, they got a new respect for me. And so, I was able to enjoy my girl, completely stress free!

(You can choose to believe this story or not, it may be a slight alteration of a real happening, however.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]