Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Journal of Mebzuth Mezumonul  (Read 549 times)

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Journal of Mebzuth Mezumonul
« on: November 17, 2011, 06:07:16 pm »

This is just a story type thing I'm writing, gonna post updates every now and then. Feedback is welcome.
11th of Malachite, 125
      I've left the home of the kindly humans who have raised since I can remember to explore, adventure, and see the world. I've been told by the townsfolk that I'm gifted with an axe, so I got my hatchet, a shield, and some fish, and set off. I decided to go after the beast lurking in one of the nearby caves. As I entered the cave the smell of death was overwhelming, I struggled not to retch, and got down on the cave floor. The floor was cold and the cave dark. I pressed on. I quickly saw the beast, hideous, feasting on the remains of a poor human. The beast was covered in green fur, though much of it was stained red, about a head taller than a human, and more muscular than me, it seemed dangerous. I decided it would be best to take it out quick and easy. I stood slowly, raises my axe, took aim, and threw. The throw was true, it hit the beast in the back of the head. I cheered, but then I noticed the beast turning, I saw it's face, the leg of a man hanging from it's mouth and rage etched into it's features.

It charged and I was paralyzed with fear, I only just managed to bring up my shield before it struck. I was flung back against the wall of the cave and stood as fast as I could. The creature stepped toward me and prepared to strike with it's massive hairy arm. I ducked and hurried around the back of it. I jumped and pulled my axe from the beasts head as it turned and before it could strike again I swung at it's knee, tearing through the skin and muscle, it dropped on one knee, I took the opening and brought my axe down on the beasts hideous neck. There was a sickening crunch, and the beast was dead.

I quickly headed to my home and told of my success. The people were very pleased and asked if they could do anything to repay me. I told them that if I ever decide to settle back down, they owe me some ale. My travels will now take me to the mountains, in search of what may be left of Bloodwall, my birth-home.
Hello. Have a nice day.