Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!  (Read 9934 times)

TheOddDemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn Baby Burn
    • View Profile
Re: Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2011, 06:16:54 am »

I would like a turn, please.
I eat dead people.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2011, 11:12:00 pm »

From the Journal of Pencil Pad:

2nd Opal: It's been a long week. Our mason has made a superior grate, called Burnedvirgin the Rage of Kindling. It bears three images, those of a Unicorn, the deity of justice, laws, oath, justice, loyalty and love, as well as the engraved death of a hydra.

I don't particularly care to know the idea behind this.

Our metal-smithing industry ground to a halt over the last few days. Apparently, nopony thought that it would be sensible to build up a stock of refined coals. We ran out, and now we have to burn logs until we have enough coal to refine some of our lignite. Honestly.

I've also concluded that fliers have too easy a path into our fortress. I've ordered a roof placed over the entrance, to keep zombie buzzards and the like away.

I'm also constructing a smaller, secondary dining room near the smithing hall. The metalworkers won't have so far to trot to grab a meal.

15th Opal: We've since run out of wood, but at least the smelters are running once again. This wouldn't be a problem, were it not for the skeletal geese between us and the trees outside. Not that it was a big problem. I dispatched the military to deal with it. Unfortunately, I discovered that at least one of those iron battleaxes was still in use. Oh well.

There's a lot of ground to cover with the roof I ordered (sorta), but at least the work is going quickly.

It seems all of our craftponies are also masons, so I have yet to order crafts for the coming caravans. I'm not sure I'll bother. In an emergency, we can just throw some antiquated iron weapons or armor at them in exchange for theoretical emergency supplies.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2011, 11:33:19 pm »

Build a large pot and a wood painter's workshop, and convert plants to wood.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2011, 11:58:18 pm »

Build a large pot and a wood painter's workshop, and convert plants to wood.

Eh. I already chopped down a bunch of trees.

7th Obsidian: River thawed today. Aside from my efforts to furnish the bedrooms, things have been uneventful. Well, except for the weather. It's raining again. Even if it is unfinished, the roof keeps some of the wet off.

Everything around here is a depressing shade of brown. It bums me out, and I don't seem to get much done. Not that I really am doing a lot, aside from administrative work. It's a job that needs doing, but, oh well.

The resident mayor has imposed a ban on electrum items. I wonder why? It's not as if there are any traders in town, and, to be frank, we don't use much of the stuff. His mandate for shields a month ago was much more sensible.

17th Obsidian: A goblin ambush was spotted today. The majority were wielding maces, but one carried an axe. I sent the militia after them. Our Militia Commander, Crazy Rubbedhoney, the Planter-Fortress of Beaks, was first on the scene, and basically slew them all himself. One managed a single swing, deflected by his armor, before being put down. It tried to crawl away from the battlefield, before collapsing from loss of blood.
The rest were either slain, or fled the site. Crazy or not, Rubbedhoney has my respect.

18th Obsidian: The unthinkable has happened. While the militia was out on patrol, the goblins attacked again, and this time weren't spotted until they were coming into the fort entrance! We were alerted to still another squad when they ran into one of the  many skeletal geese that roam our land, and to top it all off, a rainbow pony caravan has arrived to trade, as well as a caravan from our own homelands.

Things can't get worse.

20th Obsidian: Well. In retrospect, I suppose I overreacted. Not a single trader was harmed, and neither was a single member of our militia. The goblins were completely routed, and aside from a bit of a scare, no one is the worse for wear.

The traders are currently bartering for our mechanisms, and the militia commander is having a well deserved rest.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2011, 12:45:29 am »

Was I foaming at the mouth?
That's the kind of thing that will clue people in to my mental state q:

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2011, 04:32:49 pm »

26th Granite: It's been a while since I've made any entries. Well, in any case, at least there's a fair bit to write about.

The Traders' stay was marked with few worthwhile acquisitions. I bought a bit of food, a few exotic bars of metal, but nothing of much value. The Rainbow Ponies brought almost nothing to trade, but we exchanged a few token items. However, while they were here, the town was assailed by no less than six thieves. Two escaped, but the rest were fairly brutally put down. Maybe the deaths of their thieves and scouts will keep the goblins and kobolds away.

I ordered the miners to dig out a store-room for the bars of metal, rather than allow them to clog up the smelters. Production has increased, slightly, so I guess it worked.
I also mandated some more beds constructed, in anticipation of a spring migration. My initiative to better furnish the living rooms of my fellow ponies moves slowly, but there you go.

Jesterspring, our militia captain and leader of the markspony squad, approached me a while back and told me he was having trouble harming the goblins with the wooden crossbow bolts. I commissioned a large order of copper bolts, that she might be more effective.

Otik Isosomer gave birth to a little colt recently. I was not present for the celebrations. There is a lot of tedious work done in a frontier town such as this.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 11:25:59 pm »

11th Slate: We received an influx of 22 migrants today. We had rooms for most, but not all. I commissioned more beds, so that everypony has a place to sleep, even though the previous overseers had never heard of privacy.

Also, I did not mention it in my previous entry, but the roof has been complete for some time now.

I decided to take some time to talk to the workers, and find out how everypony is doing. Everyone seems happy, for the most part.

Things are quiet. Aside from the fowl zombies.

23rd Felsite: Elves showed up to trade on the 19th of Felsite. While they were here, a pair of thieves showed up, tried to kidnap one of our foals. A small goblin attack force also arrived during their stay.  I'm beginning to notice a pattern...

We traded away a fair few of the many, many mechanism we had to the elves, in exchange for food, drink and cloth. We don't really need any of these things, but it pays to be prepared, and good trade relations make for good neighbors.

Anyhow, I recruited a few more ponies into the militia, and they are on alert for more attacks until the traders leave.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2011, 09:26:39 pm »

5th Hematite: As I suspected, another group of goblins attacked while the elves were trading with us. They were quickly dispatched, but one of our pegasi suffered a minor injury to the left wing, and we also have a reported leg injury, as well as a pair of injured tails. Otherwise, things are quiet.

18th Hematite: Migrants arrived today. Smaller group than before.

I've started making new bedrooms lower down in the ground. The smelters ran out of marble for steel, so I ordered some dug out. In bedroom shapes. Hehe.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2011, 08:21:30 pm »

26th Hematite: The last of the patients have been released from the hospital. Things have been quiet, apart from the fuel problems at the smelters. I commissioned a gate for the entrance, but it is hardly necessary. It'll look nice, at least.

3rd Malachite: Apparently, the new Mayor, an Earth Pony named Dimshas Glidedzephyr, does not share the same faith in the military I have. He mandated the production of at least two battle-axes. I had them queued immediately.

6th Malachite: Appointed a Manager on a whim today. Had to set him up with an office, but that didn't take long.

8th Galena: The gate is completed. I tested it today, to make certain it worked, and it does! I guess if an army of shambling zombies and skeletons show up, we're covered. I can't see any situation we might need it in otherwise.

13th Galena: The militia chased off a few undead birds again today. They don't bother me as much as they used to, unless I'm looking at them.

15th Galena: One of the Furnace Operators is acting strange, and has claimed our Mason's workshop. Curious.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]