Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: water in the way in adventure mode  (Read 906 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
water in the way in adventure mode
« on: August 12, 2006, 02:40:00 pm »

I have this building I have to get into to kill some guy and there is a big pool right in front of the only door. Is there any way to swim or something?? or I should just look harder?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: water in the way in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 02:55:00 pm »

If it is a game-generated cave, there should be a way around -- it could be a stair < > or so on.  If you've explored a fair amount of cave, then the guy might just be wandering around in there.  The enemies can move freely, so sometimes they are in places you've been before.  The water is either a boundary, or there's stairs around to more dungeon.  There's a chance it's a bug, but it's rare if it is.  If nothing works, you can send me the .sav + region folder.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 04:34:00 pm »

no it was in a graveyard I guess? (all zombies & skeletons) and a building in the middle with one entrance and one rough wall, the rest was finished. and right at the entrance of the building there was half a lake, like the lake was generated and then the building generated on top of it or so.
But I was never able to get inside the building.

I posted this, went back in to search more at all the walls and wait for a reply, but some of the keys got all stuck and i went off the map and one key stayed stuck going left until i ran into something and died.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 05:44:00 pm »

Are keys still sticking in 19b+?  I haven't had it happen again, but I suppose it's still a problem.

Ah, in a ruin, it's different -- it's probably still generating inconvenient swamps occasionally.  I'll note it down.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 07:07:00 pm »

yeah i am on 19c now, but I think the only sticking happens on this computer when I am in windowed mode. On my other computer whichi is not so old, it has not stuck since the new version.

I always managed to get the keys unstuck some how, by pressing a few other keys and getting them stuck and some other cryptic random directon key pressing. but when I accidentially hit the edge of the map( i exited off the left screen) the left key stayed stuck no matter what I did. I zoomed into other maps & tried going to menus & what not.