Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade depot destroyed - free goods!  (Read 388 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Trade depot destroyed - free goods!
« on: March 07, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »

I had a hammerdwarf tantrum after seeing his friend die in a sparring accident. He then proceeded to destroy the trade depot while a caravan was there. They eventually left (after I rebuilt the depot but didn't have time to trade) and all their stuff was still lying on the ground where the old depot was.

Somehow, I just don't think it'd work that way in real life.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
Re: Trade depot destroyed - free goods!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »

That happens if you order it disassembled too.  It still counts as being taken from the caravan though.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 05:42:00 am »

They probably should gather it up though..
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 11:38:00 am »

While not a bug, I always set up my fort so all invaders are funneled strait through my trade depot.  I don't want to worry about being blamed for their deaths, but I do like 'finding' stuff they 'left behind' in destroyed wagons and corpses.  Human and Dwarven traders also act as a first line of defense (elves are such pansies, they couldn't defend against a swift breeze).