Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold ambush  (Read 954 times)

Tapper12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold ambush
« on: June 23, 2007, 06:01:00 pm »

I was just playing my current fortress, which is at it's sixth year now. Just as the human caravan was arriving the game auto-paused and I got a message saying something like "An ambush! Pesky vermin!", and suddenly a pretty big group of Kobold bowmen appear out of nowhere and starts spamming arrows at the human caravan. As soon as the whole caravan is dead they all just run off the map and disappear.

I have never seen or heard of this happening before. I thought all kobolds could do was send thieves. Has anyone else ever had this happen to their fort?

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold ambush
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 11:34:00 pm »

I had this happen. They peppered every woodcutter and every hunter that went out, and then every dwarf that went to pick up the dead bodies and their goods outside. Quickly turned off 'dwarves can go outside'.

I dealt with it by quitting and making a new fort. I didn't like that fort very much, and that was the final nail in the coffin for it. Very very frustrating.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 09:20:00 pm »

They will also hunt kobold theives; no word yet if this is a bug or if they're enforcing kobold justice.  I had a single one show up at my fortress and camp out there for a season before eventually charging.

[ June 24, 2007: Message edited by: nil ]

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 10:15:00 pm »

Oh yeah, that's a bug. It's on the list I think.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 04:23:00 am »

Sneaky Sniper Kobolds  :eek:   :eek:
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.