Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [33g] Lockup on seasonal backup  (Read 392 times)

habnabit

• Bay Watcher
  • lift your skinny fists
    • View Profile
    • habnabit dot org
[33g] Lockup on seasonal backup
« on: December 29, 2007, 06:30:00 pm »

During the seasonal save/backup, DF completely locked up. Memory usage did not fluctuate, but CPU usage stayed around 99%. On investigation, there already was a backup with the same directory name as this backup was going to use. The aforementioned backup loaded without incident and wasn't changed at all. The autosave did complete, and the file was able to be loaded without any problems.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [33g] Lockup on seasonal backup
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 08:30:00 pm »

In a similar bug, DF crashes when you hit "Start Game" and then delete one of the save games, and then deliberately choose that save game from the "Start Game" list even though that folder doesn't exist anymore. My bug here is such a low-priority bug.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 08:43:00 pm »

So what did exactly it do?  I don't remember the interface exactly -- did it tell you what folder it was going to use some place?  It does a check for duplicate names, but who knows what it was thinking that time around.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

habnabit

• Bay Watcher
  • lift your skinny fists
    • View Profile
    • habnabit dot org
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 07:55:00 pm »

No, but based on the file currently loaded, the year, and the seasons, I knew what it would've been. And it just completely locked up on the Saving... screen.