Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Picks (Foreign)?!  (Read 3178 times)

AiresPenlaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picks (Foreign)?!
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 02:46:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: This post is probably better off on the Modding board...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:59:12 pm by AiresPenlaw »

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 06:00:23 pm »

I would suggest you train them up to "Yo I ain't no recruit whatchu talking about" in some valid fighting skill and make them use picks after that benchmark is reached.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 06:28:58 pm »

Oh that's simple, just give them some innate military skill - I think the tag was "NATURAL_SKILL" or such.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 10:56:06 pm »

Oh that's simple, just give them some innate military skill - I think the tag was "NATURAL_SKILL" or such.
Hmm, but if you do that, then they will need a good civilian skill to not be unhappy as a civilian. A dwarf that's good in military but sucks in everything else will be unhappy when taken off duty. I guess this could be solved by putting the tag on just one dwarven caste (I think), then only males/females/modcaste will have that trait. But I don't do a lot of modding, so don't quote me on this.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 11:07:27 pm »

Hmm, but if you do that, then they will need a good civilian skill to not be unhappy as a civilian. A dwarf that's good in military but sucks in everything else will be unhappy when taken off duty. I guess this could be solved by putting the tag on just one dwarven caste (I think), then only males/females/modcaste will have that trait. But I don't do a lot of modding, so don't quote me on this.

Are you suggesting to literally create a race of dwarves specifically bread for military service?

You, dwarf, are truly an innovator, and an inspiration to us all.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]