Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how to get rid of companions  (Read 904 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
how to get rid of companions
« on: September 28, 2011, 05:05:05 am »

how does one get rid of companions without killing them? i'v grown tired of my companions running after random animals and stealin my kills but i dont want to be seen as a criminal by any of the towns.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:12:58 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: how to get rid of companions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 05:13:54 am »

Go to sleep then fast travel away as soon as you wake up, they'll still be stunned so you'll leave them behind.
*Hugs*

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 05:16:39 am »

Find a big enough critter, like an ancient hydra or dragon. Or, you know. Wander into a bandit camp and leave them to a grisly fate.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:43:47 am »

awesome thanx, ima disarm them first with dfusion cus i equiped them with it, want my steel and iron back.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 02:58:19 am »

awesome thanx, ima disarm them first with dfusion cus i equiped them with it, want my steel and iron back.
you could just use Dfusion to decommission them well the old version of Dfusion will ask if you want to keep them as a companion and hitting "y" will take them out of your party.
I used this mostly for shoving companions into a lair before I learn how to make adventure forts using Dfmode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 04:01:08 am »

We can make forts in adventure mode now?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 04:03:04 am »

Rumrusher did some ‼Science‼ with various utilities.
*Hugs*

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 12:48:42 pm »

Yeah long discussion short I kinda found how to get forts to not scatter when abandon or retired using tweak and now dfusion and dfhack has two functions for doing this.
Sucky thing is that was the beginning of my research on fort saving and now I can't get access to tweak any more due to being on a new pc and os.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 01:04:22 pm »

Damn man, the best I got was a legendary axedwarf/marksdwarf who proceeded to kill two dragons... and get his brain spilt by a giant badger horde :(