Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vermin production problem  (Read 793 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vermin production problem
« on: February 14, 2012, 06:41:46 pm »

Hey i'm running a reaction to make vermin, but they start out "trapped" in the workshop (only visible in the 't' view) until I deconstruct the workshop. Is there any way i can get them to automatically leave / move?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Vermin production problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:42:28 pm »

No. Also, unless a particular bug was fixed in version 0.34, vermin created using custom reactions are broken (specifically, they have no caste, so a bunch of their properties end up uninitialized).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:16:32 am »

Hey i'm running a reaction to make vermin, but they start out "trapped" in the workshop (only visible in the 't' view) until I deconstruct the workshop. Is there any way i can get them to automatically leave / move?
Automatically, no.

However, they aren't very trapped; have them transferred to a cage on a lever. (Or just a regular cage if they'll freak out the transferring dwarf en route.)
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:26:13 am »

No. Also, unless a particular bug was fixed in version 0.34, vermin created using custom reactions are broken (specifically, they have no caste, so a bunch of their properties end up uninitialized).
I released them, then gassed them with the new werebeast syndromes, NOW they have a caste, at least. Interesting, but they didn't change species as I had hoped.