Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hot to get out of a Hole, revisited  (Read 1406 times)

Saranis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hot to get out of a Hole, revisited
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:00:51 pm »

Okay, now I saw the other thread on how to get out of a hole, I've used the fast travel method before and its always worked for me. I have another problem this time. When I jumped out of fast travel I ended up in a hole.

Fast Traveling gives me...

Theres no enemies nearby, the reason I cant fast travel is because theres a nearby fortress.

Is there anyway to climb out of these holes?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Hot to get out of a Hole, revisited
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:06:23 pm »

-

Edit: Sorry, I wasn't very helpful.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:40:07 am by forsaken1111 »

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:57:11 pm »

Download Dfhack, use dfliquids to fill the murky pool with water, climb out, continue adventuring.  Or, if you don't have swimmer skill, fill the murky pool with 4-5 water, get adequate swimmer, fill the pool with 7/7, etc.  Otherwise all you can do is starve.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 02:32:44 am »

Mod the raws and add the [FLIER] tag to the race you're playing as.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 08:39:48 am »

How did you get there in the first place?  Normally you can't fast travel into places that you can't fast-travel out of.

Try walking around the edge of the pit and hitting fast travel on each square.  One of them might be far enough from the site to let you out.

Saranis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 09:12:35 pm »

How did you get there in the first place?  Normally you can't fast travel into places that you can't fast-travel out of.

Try walking around the edge of the pit and hitting fast travel on each square.  One of them might be far enough from the site to let you out.

I know, but somehow I came out of fast travel in the hole and theres nowhere in the hole that lets me fast travel out. I've gone around the entire edge of the hole and checked that none would let me fast travel.

Felsic

• Bay Watcher
  • i feel asleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:14:24 pm »

I'm having a similar problem. I was ambushed while traveling and spawned inside a hole. I had five companions with me, three of them are down in the hole with me ATM but the other two got ripped to shreds by a warlord. :( He and his brutes stood outside the hole for a while, but they probably got annoyed/afraid because of my bowman friend so they moved out of sight. Yet I still can't leave because the game keeps insisting "You don't feel safe enough to travel."

EDIT: I managed to get out! I've worn out my finger trying to do that, though, it took like a forever turns for those assholes to finally leave.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:00:19 pm by Felsic »

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 07:28:15 pm »

Happens regularly when you fast travel in dry places. Can't do much except the hack methods listed.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 04:07:17 am »

If you are trapped and you can see the creature that is causing you to not be able to leave, you can easily pick up mud/dirt/sand off the ground and throw it at it 'till it dies.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 04:28:08 am »

dont dfhack and dfusion have a teleport type command/whatever thing?
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.