Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Disease has spread  (Read 895 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Disease has spread
« on: September 20, 2011, 07:46:39 pm »

Nomal Fedrober the Virginal Eviscerated Magics did not know what had happened. He head screams that a Forgotten Beast was in the mines. The Duke then ordered Zasit Orbshelm the Heroic Fang of Inching to kill the beast he headed down. Then a while later we heard Roars... not a Roar but two. The Duke then ran and ordered Lor Cleanedpaint the Defective beaches and Likot Towerauthored the  Gaunt Vision of Books to kill the beasts along with Zasit. It was hours later when i saw many of those in the Fortress Dragging corpses up. I asked what had happened and apparently a Diometrodon that spewed fire had appeared but while Zasit began his fight from behind appeared another Diametrodon who spewed boiling deadly extract. Many dwarves were caught in it while trying to escape. I had begun to head down to find out what had happened to the 3 when i saw them walking up from the depths and appearing from a cloud of Miasma. Lor came out first and i was horrified. She was blistered and swollen all over her body and i saw that she had gone blind and her lip was rotting. Many more then came up everyone in the Military was alive... but the suffering must be unbearable i'm not even sure why Lor is even walking around... considering she is blind. It appears everyone else exposed has gone blind as well. The Surgeons and doctors are rushing to the hospital trying to remove the rotting tissue they most likely will not survive... Although i never really was friends with them... and i do love this Artifact Steel Pick i have and this wonderfully engraved barracks covered in the remains of goblins i dismembered with this pick. Life goes on i suppose.

I will post pictures of Likots healthscreen if anyone wants it.

My fortress is covered in Vomit although i do have Dwarven Bathubs entering every major area of the fort and the exit from the mines so any extract is gone.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:49:41 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Disease has spread
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »

Oh... wow... all 3 survived. The ones in the military anyway... Otherwise 11 dwarfs died... and oe is a rotten corpse sitting in a bed... just alive.

Wait... what the rotting limbs stopped rotting.

Also now all of my Miners are dead...

Edit: I now realized i should have edited Main post
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:13:22 pm by Kromgar »

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:26:10 pm »

Rot is always Fun!

"Boiling deadly extract"? It's a wonder anyone survived.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:13:23 pm »

Rot is always Fun!

"Boiling deadly extract"? It's a wonder anyone survived.
First Blisters then rot... then suddenly scars.