Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: I need a new space station 13 server.  (Read 12581 times)

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need a new space station 13 server.
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 10:16:38 pm »

Keep it to invite only then ?..can you do that?

if you do invite me so i can learn from real players and not trolls lol

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2011, 10:20:45 pm »

In my experience invite only is horribly broken.
A) Sorting through who is allowed in and not.
B) The elitism because of the above.

C) Standards end up slipping anyway.

If it falls to an invite list to keep bad players off the server, you've already lost.
(Speaking 100% from experience, as the person who implemented the BS12 invite system)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 10:24:32 pm »

Another reason I like goonstation the most, I love the admins. They are the best, "I will not take any shit from anyone" admins ever. They're usually fair, but they are always assholes at exactly the right time, which is perfect. The perfect mixture of dick/troll/hilariousness/seriousness. Going into the forums to see an application thread that horribly failed to follow the rules for applying, and seeing the admins just come in and say "Die." is great. They're not nazis, and they're only assholes if you really deserve it, and when it gets to that point, they don't hold back. It's just my type of admin.

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2011, 10:40:46 pm »

Keep it to invite only then ?..can you do that?

if you do invite me so i can learn from real players and not trolls lol
You can but then the server would be a ghost town most of the time. I'd say keep it that way untill we get the kinks sorted out. But after a while make it an open server (maybe even list it on byond site?) but just let people know it's an rp server. Random killings for no reason isn't allowed.

But just to get every ones consensus before we start this and have no one agree:

*We want an Rp server but one that isn't as strict as BS12
*Where more "fun" is allowed
*And a more casual experience some where between /TG/ and BS12?
*Friendlier community

Can't think of more. Perhaps start a new thread about it?

Edit: I'm going to make a new thread for this.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:47:16 pm by Zaphod »
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2011, 01:52:21 am »

I've never had trouble with the goons before aside from a few minor incidents, for stuff like buckling + cuffing and the like.

I don't know where people keep getting these stories of constant admin asshattery.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2011, 02:55:06 am »

Starting a new server seems like a great idea, but not everybody who has posted interest in participating should do so, at least on the same server. There are already observable differences in the opinions of how the game should be run among you, and too many admins with too many different viewpoints is what has damaged Baystation in the first place.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2011, 07:00:22 am »

...They're usually fair, but they are always assholes at exactly the right time, which is perfect...
Fixed, based on my experiences within the Goon-station (which was about a year or three ago, to be honest....if they've changed since then I'd both be surprised and a bit happy.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2011, 09:06:00 am »

I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2011, 04:16:08 pm »

The only way to keep it a good server (save a few rounds were a greifer would pop in and such) we just need more admins and those that arn't uptight dicks about it all because if you suck all the life out of the RP (threatening to or outright banning a guy for shooting someone when he had a pretty logical excuse for it) you get current bs12 but if you take admining in a completely shitty way and let everything go on with no consequences (even worse if you outright just ban random people because they arn't part of the excusive paid club, goons...)
you get goon servers, it's the perfect middle you have to acheive.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]