Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Increasing export wealth  (Read 656 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Increasing export wealth
« on: September 15, 2011, 01:56:45 pm »

So the issue I'm having is that racking up a good 500k import wealth, but stuck with 30k export. What's the best way to increase it through?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing export wealth
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 02:07:10 pm »

Give stuff away at your trade depot. This is actually useful, because the more you give, the more the traders will bring to trade next year.

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 02:10:11 pm »

Suddenly, wild ninja appears...
Yup, sending finished goods useless crap stuff, by trade or gifts
But only trading with dwarves counts. Nobody cares how many troll leather thongs you sold to those stupid tree lovers.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:12:35 pm by KtosoX »
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 05:13:22 pm »

As far as I am aware, only "home-made" items (i.e. one with brown names, rather than (white) ones) count for export wealth.

When clearing up after sieges and ambushes, I dump all clothes except for GCS ones, which I sew images to.

This results in a large amount of valuable trade-goods that are treated as "home made", and can easily make up your export quotas.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 07:01:38 pm »

To somewhat re-word the above post: You can "launder" stolen or otherwise "imported" goods by adding an improvement to them.  A solid cloth industry lets you Sew Image /R and turn goblinite into, um, dwarfium?  Rocks can also be used to add decorations, and jewels add value and decorations!