Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best names...  (Read 678 times)

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Best names...
« on: September 15, 2011, 01:22:10 am »

Probably been done before, but my speardwarf/bookkeeper has picked up the name;

Zulban Zulbanilir Zulash Edtul;

"Zulban Bannerjoy the Pains of Grooving"

I'm imagining him slinking around the office wearing dwarven pimpwear (troll fur coat?), big dark glasses and lots of big gold chains that he beats tigermen to death with.  A dwarven Mr T?

Any other names that invoke the 70s, or earlier?

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best names...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 05:39:26 pm »

My most (in)appropriately named warriors are:

Meng Idenkeskal Udar Istbar, "Meng Paddleshoots the Rain of Roses", weaponsmith/hammerdwarf, 5 kills.
Fikod Ugoshsazir Uligraluk Noleth, "Fikod Hollowbridge the Crazed Hail of Gulfs", presser/speardwarf, 6 kills
Zulban Amushrir Zikelkovest Ad, "Zulban Spokenquake the Fierce Pearl of Suns", miner/militia captain, 14 kills
Nish Kubukenol Isrirmezum, "Nish Lancegrizzle the Ultimate Smokes", mechanic/marksdwarf, 10 kills
Mincot Lokumcuggan Ittasish Kalan,  "Mincot Spearsand the Tender Bar of Trails", woodcutter/axedwarf, 6 kills
Deler Stinthademal Shasaruvash, "Deler Theatersense the Frightful Arena", cook/lasher, 8 kills.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 05:42:08 pm »

Nish Kubukenol Isrirmezum, "Nish Lancegrizzle the Ultimate Smokes", mechanic/marksdwarf, 10 kills
I imagine him blowing smoke off his crossbow after every kill. Well, if there were smoke for him to blow off.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 05:46:47 pm »

Had a speardwarf, Bim Kirbim, who obtained his title when he's slain alone a Forgotten Beast made of fire. Brave guy, arrived before anybody else and before it could set anything/anyone else on fire. Died one minute or two afterwards, of course. His title was "The North Urn-Holes of Flames".
When I made him a tomb themed after his title like all other great warriors, I ignored the "north urn-holes" part.  :-X
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.