Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The importance of sleeping in a bed. And sleeping stuff too.  (Read 785 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
The importance of sleeping in a bed. And sleeping stuff too.
« on: September 10, 2011, 03:47:24 am »

I feel as though right now there is no incentive for the players to actually go and ask permission to the farmer if he can sleep at his house. Most people rather just sleep outside near the house. Its close enough. There should be some kind of penalty for the player if he sleeps in on the grass out in the open. Perhaps he would be stiff once he wakes up and that would lower his speed or something. There should also be incentives for the player to go find an inn to stay in. Perhaps sleeping on the street in the city would attract robbers to the player and people in the city wouldn't be so kind to help the player. What do you think?

Edit: Forgot this one thing. I wanted to suggest that there be messages like "You wake up but you feel awful. You couldn't sleep last night because somebody/XXX was snoring"

So basically what I mean is this- If you dont sleep in a comfortable place, you get a sore back, you might not get enough sleep, you might have bad dreams etc. This would all have some negative charrisma/battle effects. Just to make things clrear.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:09:16 pm by antymattar »

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: The importance of sleeping in a bed. And sleeping stuff too.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 04:28:43 am »

Night creatures are the reason people sleep inside.  Once cities are more baked in, robbers and stuff might happen.  Other concerns in the future would be warmth.

But as it is, night creatures already exist and kill you to death if you sleep outside.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 04:54:47 am »

Night creatures are the reason people sleep inside.  Once cities are more baked in, robbers and stuff might happen.  Other concerns in the future would be warmth.

But as it is, night creatures already exist and kill you to death if you sleep outside.
Nope. All I have to do is sleep right NEXT to the farmers house and all the bogey men just disappear.

Also added what I forgot to ad to the suggestion.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:58:28 am by antymattar »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 12:06:11 pm »

I have been mobbed and killed by night creatures just outside a house while sleeping. It seems to be more rare but it does indeed happen.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 12:51:16 pm »

Thats odd. The boogeymen usually disappear as soon as I walk close to a house.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 12:09:08 pm »

I've never had a bogeyman follow me into a village. Clearly you're all lying. Stop lying, you liars.
[Signature]