Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crazy big sieges  (Read 1058 times)

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
Crazy big sieges
« on: September 10, 2011, 11:42:57 pm »

Well, I'm playing a nano fort with genesis mod.

population cap is 100, though that is irrelevant since I keep losing dwarves

before the last migration wave (a whopping 7) we had 13 dwarves (many of them just out of the hospital)

two sieges:
79 enemies (centaur/demon mix)

now we have two more sieges

120 enemies (demon/gobbo mix)
our military contains 4 veteran spearmasters with many kills
plus 3 new swordsdwarf recruits
3 elite marksdwarves (unfortunately the terrain makes them mostly useless)
other defenses include a couple of lockable doors, 22 cage traps, and a couple of tigers

our prisoners of war have wonderful accomodations
a 100z level drop down the volcano

what's the largest siege you've ever had?
how did you survive it?
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy big sieges
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 11:45:44 pm »

Me personally?  I modded in 15 difference civs of animal-people, lamely titled "cat-morph" and "fox-morph" and such.  I had I think 11 9 sieges at once, which tallied up to ~400 enemies total.  FPS dropped but didn't break, and I was able to play, although I wasn't able to win.

Coincidentally, I messed up in testing and accidentally had them all friendly, and got 9 caravans at once.  My broker was fapping.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 01:48:22 am »

Five armies of 64 ferric elves each. Some 320 elves altogether, armed with iron armor, scimitars, bows, and hammers.

To tell the truth, I didn't survive in the end.

Although the last act of my last dwarf was to lure the entire enemy army, with an elven prince at its head, into the depths of the mines, where they were promptly sealed in while water from the brook poured in through the upper halls through several carved fortifications and flooded their prison. NO ONE GOT OUT  8)
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:45:57 pm »

well, we were busy so we mostly let those sieges go without too much of a fuss.

next season however...3 sieges showed up together giving me about 200 goobos/centaurs
due to a kobold ambush our trap system was foiled(a locked door is crucial to sealing the fortress from the cage traps and should probably be replaced by a drawbridge)
this meant that my 4 legendary speardwarves, 3 marksdwarves, and 5 swordsdwarves(who suck) would be fighting about 150 assorted troops of which more than 1/3 were archers.  Also, because of the way we were fighting, my own marksdwarves were unable to fire bolts and were in close combat the whole time

I was pretty sure that I was fucked.

Casualties:
3 swordsdwarves
2 marksdwarves
0 speardwarves
5 assorted civilians (some of the cooler civies started beating up goblins with their bare hands [more like bear hands, amirite])

160 enemies(when the four speardwarves were mopping up I lowered the drawbridge which allowed the few remaining centaurs to come in and have some fun)
once the mess had been somewhat cleaned up I threw my 60 prisoners that had been accumulating into the volcano(plus some baby alpacas, because I thought it was funny)

enemy civs are running out of leaders.  What should I do with the corpse of the centaur war leader.  Magma is too good for it.

I think I'm going to break into hell and build a shrine, then start dumping garbage/prisoners/adorable animals into the eerie pits
sadly, there is no cotton candy on this map so used DF hack to build a passage that I can get to by mining.  Since this is a nano fort I may have issues with constant spawning of demons...
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH