Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Favorite Torture Devices  (Read 1200 times)

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
Favorite Torture Devices
« on: September 03, 2011, 11:24:09 pm »

My personal favorite is, under my mass pit:

spspsp
pspsps
spspsp
pspsps
spspsp
pspsps

s= upright spike p = pressure plate
Every pressure plate is linked to the adjacent upright spikes

What are everybody's favorite ways of torturing nobles, goblins, and children, preferably all at the same time?
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Torture Devices
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 11:29:16 pm »

Obsidian caster for "friendlies" and my arena for enemies.  It is a pain to train my dwarves in the unarmed skills.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:37:12 pm »

I've used a slow drowning chamber several times.  The technique is to have an open air chamber, place the victim inside, and flood it.  They swim, naturally, and paddle around until they eventually grow tired, their eyes close, and they slip under the surface, exhausted and terrified.  Then, stripping and arena-fighting a goblin against an unarmed dwarf is fun too, gets wrestling skills and such.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:57:55 pm »

I sometimes use a similar technique to level up swimmers. Speaking of which, it's always fun to make a water mazes for the dwarfs.
1. add a task at one end
2. pressure plate to release water at other
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
My website - Free games

Specter513

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 12:14:48 am »

I put goblins in an enclosed fortification which my archers fire into with wooden bolts. That way, the gobbos won't be killed outright and keep passing out from the pain.
Leprechauns actually. That "magically delicious taste" prefstring soon lead to their total extinction.
Congratulations, you killed the only things considered dominant and have heralded the end of civilization in your world as you know it.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 12:46:20 am »

Before "pastures + animals fighting eachother when crowded" were implemented, I sometimes had fun throwing a naked goblin into a 1x1 pit full of cats. The goblin would collapse due to over-exertion, and be scratched to death by cat claws.

On another fort, I fed goblins to a tame Giant Desert Scorpion. That was hilarious.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 01:11:25 am »

I used to feed Goblins to my tame Alligator... until one of them punched its skull through its brain.
Never pet a burning dog.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 04:35:48 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:50:46 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 04:41:49 am »

Crundle pit and cave blob pit.  Death by a thousand scratches vs. death by slow irritating poison. After a while either pit is a festering hell.  A skilled or lucky goblin thief killed all my crundles once and died of infection months later.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 04:52:57 am »

I just had my drawbridge drop enemies into a pit. Then I had that pit walled with fortifications for my archers to practice with wood bolts.

If I was feeling really fancy I'd keep the drawbridge up, have the enemies walk into cage traps, strip them and have them all fight my ultra-mighty militia captain in hand to hand combat. Except he had armour. Boy he got into legendary wrestling quick.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 10:16:51 am »

I generally just have a mass-pitting system, about five Z deep with a menacing spike underneath each hatch and a pasture for all my wolves, cougars, macaques, etc. When I get a thief or cavern-monster too large for pitting, I just dump the cage into my magma garbage disposal. If I get bored I'll occasionally chain some goblins at the end of the archery or catapult range, or let my soldiers train up on them in the pit.

However, when somebody really makes a nuisance of themselves and stabs one of my useful dwarves, I dig them a tiny 1x1 square and brick them up in it, still caged. Forever.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 11:57:07 am »

Dwarf Fortress:
Where sadism isn't accepted. It's encouraged.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
My website - Free games

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 12:25:33 pm »

I usually just have a 1/1 pit with a single menacing wooden spike in it linked to a lever, wich I order pulled every now and then. I just throw undesirables in and when I'm done I use water to drain the blood into a tank (usually made of glass).

When I'm not doing that, I usually just use bridges to drop invaders into the magma sea, 2z-levels at a time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 12:28:21 pm »

i get friendly with the elves,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so that they will bring cool animals like giant scorpions, lions, wolves, and other beasties. i have the captive go through a 1 z level drop, where a hungry beast is waiting, and watch severed parts sail off in an arc!

Harudoku

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼«☼Dwarf Fortress☼»☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 12:46:02 pm »