Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I just YASD'd in Nethack  (Read 1737 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
I just YASD'd in Nethack
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:47:27 pm »

I had a great character, dwarven valkyrie, my first character to go into double-digit dungeon levels, find Sokoban, or get a wand of wishing. I used that to wish for blessed fixed +2 silver dragon scale mail, a bag of holding, and then another blessed fixed +2 silver dragon scale mail after a werewolf turned me into...uh...another werewolf, ripping it and a cloak of invisibility I found early on. However, I got rid of some cursed gauntlets in the process, so that was O.K. I even got a chickatrice corpse from the Big Room that I got lycanthropy from!
After #praying, I went down into he Big Room (dl 10, deepest I had ever gone), wandered away from the stairs, and got surrounded. Out of options, my adventurer reached for her last resort...

And I'm sure experienced players can guess where I'm going with this.

She reached for the chickatrice corpse--and promptly turned to stone. My only gloves were those cursed gauntlets I left behind!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I just YASD'd in Nethack
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »

Topic link in!
You'll probably want to lock this, maybe re-post there.

I just killed myself with a boomerang, as a tourist. That might go a little beyond a stupid death. Yours seems reasonable. :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: I just YASD'd in Nethack
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:17:40 pm »

As I understand it, YASD refers to your stupid mistakes, YAAD refers to gnomes with death wands and the like.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.