Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendly Goblin?  (Read 962 times)

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
Friendly Goblin?
« on: August 27, 2011, 07:32:01 pm »

Recently, I added a closed-off labyrinth to my fortress to drop invaders into. So after I mined it out, plus the chute to drop invaders down and the chute to supply the dumb mason who walled himself in with food and drinks, I dropped a Giant Tiger stolen from the elves in, along with a couple kittens. After this, I dropped a goblin pedophile snatcher in. As the poor dwarf chosen for the task was dragging him along, he didn't fight back. I shrugged this off, assuming it was normal "Pitting Animal" behavior. Then the goblin was dropped in. The guy didn't fight any of the animals in there, nor did they fight him, he just wandered endlessly due to the way the labyrinth had been built (There are no dead ends, every corridor connects to another corridor).
Eventually, another goblin came, and I dropped another tiger in there for them to run from.
This tiger must have been different, somehow, because when it saw that goblin, it just tore the door guy to shreds.
So is this a bug, or was the goblin too busy with an eternity of wandering to fight?

EDIT: Also, the second goblin is listed as deceased but his corpse in nowhere in the labyrinth?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:37:07 pm by A Spoony Bard »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Goblin?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 07:59:24 pm »

Stolen animals behave differently, this is either a bug or a feature, but I think it has something to do with the civilization ownership (still belongs to elves?).  It's not an issue with the goblin, it's an issue with stolen animals.

Minority

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 08:06:07 pm »

Also, the second goblin is listed as deceased but his corpse in nowhere in the labyrinth?

hmmm   a haunted labyrinth.  I like the sound of this. Build a large tomb in the middle of it :)

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 08:09:24 pm »

Stolen animals behave differently, this is either a bug or a feature, but I think it has something to do with the civilization ownership (still belongs to elves?).  It's not an issue with the goblin, it's an issue with stolen animals.
When I say stole, I mean I seized it from them, not used some bug/exploit to make them leave all their goods behind.

Also, the second goblin is listed as deceased but his corpse in nowhere in the labyrinth?

hmmm   a haunted labyrinth.  I like the sound of this. Build a large tomb in the middle of it :)
It wouldn't be the first haunted room in the fort, the dormitory is also haunted.
Perhaps I could make a lockdown/maintenance switch, and have a graveyard at one end....
EDIT: Also, the mason who trapped himself inside died, so there might actually be a ghost within the labyrinth.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:13:14 pm by A Spoony Bard »

scoots

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 09:50:56 pm »

EDIT: Also, the second goblin is listed as deceased but his corpse in nowhere in the labyrinth?
Your fort seems to be the house on ash tree lane.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 02:05:28 am »

Your fort seems to be the house on ash tree lane.

Wouldn't that demand maddening physics and a minotaur?
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."