Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Voice Acting, anything?  (Read 916 times)

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Voice Acting, anything?
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:15:28 pm »

Does anyone suppose there is a place for voice actors within the future of the fortress, website or game?

Here is my youtube page with a few examples of my voice. Thanks for listening, please post anything you might think up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/zashenel?feature=mhee

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voice Acting, anything?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 03:29:11 pm »

What about soundsense? I don't know if they need any more voice actors, but you could ask...
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 04:56:16 pm »

don'twanting to be the partycrasher but I think this is wrong area.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:38:32 pm »

From the readme.txt (emphasis mine):

We do not accept submissions for the official Dwarf Fortress releases.  Please do not ask for your code, art, sound or raw/objects txt files to be incorporated into the official releases.

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:59 pm »

From the readme.txt (emphasis mine):

We do not accept submissions for the official Dwarf Fortress releases.  Please do not ask for your code, art, sound or raw/objects txt files to be incorporated into the official releases.

That still leaves the other areas I mentioned.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:06:35 pm »

Voice acting in general is still an interesting suggestion. Not greatly my cup of tea but something like Kobold Cave might work?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 12:13:08 pm »

That still leaves the other areas I mentioned.

By "future of the fortress, website" do you mean DF Talk?

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 10:35:11 am »

Anything that might be considered for any part of dwarf fortress. I'm not entirely sure what that entails, so I'm asking here. I could certainly do things like DF Talk as I do enjoy the series.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 03:10:27 pm »

Anything that might be considered for any part of dwarf fortress. I'm not entirely sure what that entails, so I'm asking here. I could certainly do things like DF Talk as I do enjoy the series.

You could also do tutorial videos. Get together with someone who has good script and go from there. What we have is great, but it could use professional polish.

SoundSense was mentioned, but I have no idea what to add now, it is pretty much complete :-).

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »

Tutorial videos sound like a cool possibility. Hopefully they see this thread and get in contact with me.