Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Task Cycling and Saved custom stockpile settings  (Read 1497 times)

Paragon99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Task Cycling and Saved custom stockpile settings
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:45:18 pm »

Currently you are able to add a list of tasks to a workshop and flag any *one* of them to "R" redo(?). I think it would be useful to be able to set the workshop task list to "C"ycle in which, after completing a task, that task would be added to the end of the current task list. In the case of one task cycling it is the same as the redo, but if you instead gave a mason workshop the tasks Make Door, Make Table, Make Chair and gave the workshop the order to cycle instead of making one of each It would make a door, make a table, make a chair, make a door, make a table......, etc.

Another suggestions would be to allow users to save a name their own custom stockpile settings.
 Forexample, if I wanted to make a stockpile that stored only unprocessed fat it takes forever to manually deselect tallow for each and every animal type in the game. Plus If i need to rebuild that stockpile after building a different custom stock pile (Perhaps the one that stores the tallow) the whole process has to be done again). It would be nice if I could create a new stockpile type (It would be even nicer if that custom stockpile could be further refined via turning individual items on/off)

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Task Cycling and Saved custom stockpile settings
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:47:31 pm »

I second this.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:26:15 pm »

Thirded.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

greenskye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:37:11 am »

[...] In the case of one task cycling it is the same as the redo, but if you instead gave a mason workshop the tasks Make Door, Make Table, Make Chair and gave the workshop the order to cycle instead of making one of each It would make a door, make a table, make a chair, make a door, make a table......, etc. [...]

Wait, I thought that if you just put everything on repeat it will still "cycle" through the list of repeatable items. IIRC, an item on repeat gets constructed and then added at the end of the list. So if you make a door, table and chair all on repeat, it will make the door, then add the door to the end of the list (after chair), make the table, add it to the end of the list (after door), etc. Is this not what you meant?

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:42:24 pm »

Repeat works exactly like that - repeated task is readded at bottom of list.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 07:21:19 pm »

It already does this ! (The repeat thing)

BTW - for fat and tallow stockpiles I have made a macro which tags everything for you. It only works completely correctly with df31.25 vanilla though, and you have to tell the macro (viz VB script) how many Bogeymen and FB's appear in you creature list.

I can look up this macro for you, i posted it several months ago

Here it is, BTW this needs to be run under windows, it generates a number of macro's using text processing, including separate fat, and tallow stockpiling, and a "wax and pudge" stockpile for if you have bees, and/or wamblers.

You need to edit the settings in the VB script and re-run for each fortress/world to get the tallow/fat stockpile macros just right. They all have different #'s of bogeymen & FB's, which you need to look up in the game (inside the create stockpiles menus). The bogeymen/FB entries appear in pairs "XX fat" followed by "XX tallow" you need to record the number of pairs.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=82401.msg2187910

Right now macros are the only way to save specific sets of stockpile settings. The "macros" generated by my script are much hacked and a lot faster than ones made by the regular game. It also makes trade and pressure plate min weight macros for you

Actually I think it's possible that Toady will abolish the old-style stockpiles and incorporate them into zones or something. That would be a good thing, as then stockpiles could be built on bridges etc
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:39:42 pm by Reelyanoob »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 07:48:56 pm »

I thought that you could only put a single task on repeat at any given workshop at any given time.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 08:06:37 pm »

Ummm... nope. You can 'R' on as many as you like, it bumps each one to the bottom of the queue after finishing it.