Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: maths for levels  (Read 720 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
maths for levels
« on: August 24, 2011, 04:25:11 pm »

each level adds 100 onto the base 500 for level 1 so if you subtract 500 from your needed exp and then devide it by 100 (remove 2 0s from it) you end up with your level in whatever skill you wanted to find it in, only really usefull for legendary1+ levels tho as you can see the rest on this page here
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Experience

i was a lil bored and wanted to know what my fighting was so i looked at the difference between exp needed per level and saw it went up 100 each level

my fighting is 81 wile legendary starts at 15 xD
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: maths for levels
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:09:01 pm »

Level 81?
What was your total xp? I just made a level calculator and I want to check if it's working correctly. If it is, you should have between 364500 and 373200.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: maths for levels
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:01:05 am »

i duno leme check i know for the current level i need 8900 (i leveled it a few more times lols) but i needed 8600

yea i messed up somewhere i duno, didnt get 00 at the end
not sure what i did wrong xD

if you take 500 and add it to itself +100 each time you get the right numbers but it takes time, guess you could use 5 6 and so on and multiply by 100 after your done/add 2 0s

also if you take the higher number and subtract the lower of the 2 you will see your exp range given is 8700 so level 82

so 355900 to 364500 is 81
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:27:11 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.