Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pumping control  (Read 458 times)

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
Pumping control
« on: August 24, 2011, 03:09:51 am »

Right now, it is fairly hard to controll rate of pumping flow, you have to make small dams and reservoirs or else it runs amok.

It would be nice if pumps acted like normal workshops with queued actions, so that you can queue as many pumping actions as you want or set one to repeat.

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumping control
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:11:48 am »

an interesting idea. this could also go hand in hand with the other suggestion which I've seen once or twice about controling the water level on the opposite side of the floodgate, or in this case, pump.

though I think the pumping actions idea would have to be turned more into liters/second or whatever units are used in DF. Sevenths?
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Pumping control
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 05:20:02 am »

agree,we it would be nice if we could especify how much water the pump will let pass:
       Pump menu
       a Five units
       b Seven units
       c Custom [ number here  ]
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.