Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lots of starting barrels with ale  (Read 395 times)

Freakazoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.corpnews.com
Lots of starting barrels with ale
« on: November 04, 2006, 11:25:00 pm »

I have about 30 starting barrels. I don't normally buy ale as part of starting a fortress, but decided to go with a different build this time. Normally when I don't start with ale, I don't have more than maybe 6 barrels to start. They rather quickly became empty barrels after the first season and now I have a furniture stockpile full of 'em. Is that normal?

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of starting barrels with ale
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 11:56:00 pm »

Yes, barrels are placed into the furniture stockpile when empty. It is also normal for dwarves to consume a large amount of booze, especially if they had not drunk any for quite a while.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 12:03:00 am »

You can have a huge number of barrels by starting with at least one of every starting booze.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

John

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 07:00:00 pm »

When you begin the game with beer/ale/wine/rum, you will get 1 unit of each drink in its own barrel.  Thus, if you start with 25 beer, you will get 25 barrels containing 1 beer each.

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 07:12:00 pm »

Oh, is that how it works?  Shows what I know, then.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA