Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Virtual Crimes Unit (Reconstructing a deleted bot-hijack game called 'mp3')  (Read 851 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like the old thread was deleted without letting me save any of the stuff I'd written up, which is a pretty assholish thing to do because it could've just been locked for me. But I liked what I'd got so far, so I'll try to reconstruct it here.

The basic idea, from someone's else's post, was that the player would be a cop investigating pirates, or in this case, a killer AI. With people being mentally hooked up to the digital world, the AI is capable of actually killing people in the real world as well. You would 'Load Up' a song for the mission that would grant different stat bonuses and perks.

The stats were Aggressiviness/Defensiviness (we had 3 Agg), Watchful (5), Persuasive (5), Intimidation (5) and Willpower (5). Songs would be Loaded Up for various bonuses. We had the Huntmaster on, which gave +5 to Aggressiviness, +5 Willpower and the Determinator perk (second chance on Willpower-requiring actions).

We were investigating a rogue AI killer able to disguise itself as a normal .mp3 file with your partner Basim, and were on the door of a completely hooked-in kid named 'Gabriel' to ask some questions about the victim. The only useable suggestion I saw was for a Watchful route, or a 'by-the-book' route.

That's all I've got. I don't remember the effects and penalties of the other songs, unfortunately. If anyone else who participated remembers anything, please tell me.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:22:59 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure the Huntsman didn't add aggressiveness. Don't remember much. Doesn't really matter since you can just think of new ones.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Crimes Unit
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:59:57 am »

Alright, the others I remember are;

- Night of Nights, which was a penalty to Watchful, but an Aggressiviness bonus and an ability called Overload.

- I Am A Rock, Strife's suggestion which I didn't include in yet, with Watchful and the Lone Wolf perk.

- Irresistible, Persuasive and Strenght In Numbers perk

- Angel of Death, Aggressiviness and Intimidation bonuses.

I'm not really keen on writing up the lost posts again, but if I don't, nobody will able to pick up on the story. Any ideas? I could restart, or do something else. Turning this into a multiplayer game could be fun, but I should probably keep this a suggestion game.

I dunno. I had stuff planned out for this, but this isn't really a good start. I wish I'd been let to copy-paste the game somewhere else before the thread was deleted.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Turning it into a multiplayer game would be even more like Roll to Dodge a Song, which could be fun. or you could make up a disruption in contact with the detectives and start at a different point in the thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hrh, I don't think that's the answer. I should probably start over alltogether.

Unless anyone wants to take over from me? I've got my hands full with two RTD's, so I can't really do a multiplayer game. You could keep the rules (and I could tell you my ideas for this), or just think up new ones. My system is especially crude, just a 1d100 and difficulties for actions (for example, a Medium Watchful challenge would require 60 or over to succeed), with stats just increasing the result. I didn't put any thought at all into it. I've also kinda left the music aspect in the background this way, but that's mostly intentional.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

I would take over this, but I have promised the generic higher forces that I would never host any forum game again. :V
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

re-entering my suggestion of using "Giggle at the Ghostly" sometime.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I shall do it, then.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I shall do it, then.

Hmm? Take over? If so, are you restarting or do you want to know what I had planned for this mission?