Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nobles' "Holdings" showing wrong number  (Read 379 times)

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nobles' "Holdings" showing wrong number
« on: November 04, 2006, 06:47:00 pm »

Hey there! Month-long fan of DF, here. I've got a couple things to put out.

1) The amount of objects "owned" by Nobles is 3 times higher than it should be. To clarify, say a Noble's page specifies "Needs 2 Chests". When I put one chest in there room, it says they own "3 Chests", but the game still understands that the "Needs 2 Chests" requirement hasn't been met. When I put the second chest in his room, it says the noble now owns "6 Chests" and that the "Needs 2 Chests" requirement is now satified. Hope this makes sense.

2) When I received my forum sign-up email on my Gmail account, it was automatically sent to the "Spam" folder. It could just be my personalized spam settings, but it may be something to note on the forum registrations page.

Thanks a lot, and keep up the fantastic work!

~FFLaguna

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Nobles' "Holdings" showing wrong number
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 07:43:00 pm »

the chest getting owned multiple times is now, and happens because that chest is in 3 rooms, all owned by the same person. If you put one chest in a room owned by 3 dwarves (You have three beds, turn them all into bedrooms, and assign each to a different dwarf) that chest would be owned 3 seperate times, once for each of the 3 dwarves.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 08:02:00 pm »

Right, I just went and tested this and that is in fact what is happening, and should be fixed at the programmers' leisure. I have my noble rooms set to have the office, dining room, and bedroom all taking up the same 15- or 20-square room. It is getting erroneously getting counted by the game for every room that it is in.

I'll leave it up to Toady and his friends as to how they wish to fix this bug.

~FFLaguna

[ November 04, 2006: Message edited by: FFLaguna ]

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 02:12:00 am »

by not letting multiple rooms occupy the same space?

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 11:49:00 am »

Yes, either not letting multiple rooms occyupy the same space, or by making sure the same item isn't be counted three different times for the same (or different) people. Both of these solutions are on the programmers' side, but luckily it is not a bug that alters the game mechanics. It's just a cosmetic problem, and isn't really that important in relation to other things at the moment.