Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Many Notable Kills = Flavor Text?  (Read 1191 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Many Notable Kills = Flavor Text?
« on: August 23, 2011, 10:13:41 pm »

On my way to kill a dragon (after violently butchering a hill titan) I was ambushed by goblins. Considering me, my 6 soldiers, atleast 20 goblin bandits and the titan all got in a giant brawl I wasn't really afraid of them anymore. Apparently they are afraid of me.

That's some nice flavor text (provided it is). High kill count = enemies terrified of you.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Many Notable Kills = Flavor Text?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:14:13 pm »

I think it's based on reputation more than kill count per se.
But yeah, if you like flavour text try loo(k) ing at a newborn baby in fort mode.
*Hugs*

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 12:38:42 pm »

If you look at a dwarf's Thoughts and Preferences in Fortress mode, you'll sometimes see things like "He always stutters when he's surprised" or "He begins to stammer when he becomes exasperated" - I have a feeling that this is what's happening here.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 01:52:41 pm »

most goblins ambush parties have actually stopped attacking me and i can talk to them and they are all like " :O a legend!? here?!?" and i can have em join my party but i cant walk over them, when i try i stab em in the back and then they all go aggressive but after the go aggressive they run away like cowards :D
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.