Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: EA games has trademarked Aplha Centauri  (Read 6980 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: EA games has trademarked Aplha Centauri
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2011, 08:48:26 pm »

no no, a RTS/FPS/Dating Sim, sort of like a science fiction version of Shogun, except that the main goal is to get into Deidre's pants while conquering/assassinating the competition. (Ya know, instead of becoming the Shogun)
And then you become Shogun anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2011, 08:49:19 pm »

Well I know a few H-Games that are like that.. Just don't ask me how I know.. <_<;

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: EA games has trademarked Alpha Centauri
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2011, 08:50:51 pm »

Title has a typo.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2011, 08:59:41 pm »

Well if they changed the genre I could vaguely imagine Alpha Centauri's setting and even things like the tech tree could transfer to a Total War type of game and feasibly work reasonably well...though battles involving Mind Worms would be horrific to watch xD
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:01:36 pm by MorleyDev »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2011, 09:03:39 pm »

no no, a RTS/FPS/Dating Sim, sort of like a science fiction version of Shogun, except that the main goal is to get into Deidre's pants while conquering/assassinating the competition. (Ya know, instead of becoming the Shogun)

Not to mention Corazon Santiago, who would probably help you do that conquering and assassinating while also being a goal herself.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2011, 09:05:59 pm »

Not to mention Corazon Santiago, who would probably help you do that conquering and assassinating while also being a goal herself.

And a secret ending where a mindoworm-queen is reachable.

What? <_<
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:10:40 pm by Ultimuh »

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2011, 01:59:51 am »

Mail Order Monsters is a game that has been screaming for a remake for decades now. It was like the unholy love-child of Pokemon and a multiplayer arena-combat type game decades ahead of its time. Hell, I don't care if they made it an FPS or a top-down RTS. Either way would rock.

Racing Destruction Set: Multiplayer racing game with multiple configurable vehicles, variable track conditions (even physics), combat (in the form of oil slicks and land mines), and the ability to implement user-created content in the form of player-built tracks. Imagine that with a modern 3D facelift and the ability to share tracks (and possibly vehicles) across a global playerbase.

Mail Order Monsters and Racing Destruction Set were frickin' sweet.

So are the other ones, but everyone forgets about those two.

They were C64/ Apple II games, if you want to go hunt for them.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2011, 09:10:47 pm »

Stop! You've violated the law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence! You used the word 'quality' and 'EA' in the same sentence!
Stop! You've violated the law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence! You used the word 'quality' and 'EA' in the same sentence!

Emergency temporal shift!

That... looks like a Dalek... but the backgrounds remind me of The Journeyman Project...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]