Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Build mat category for ceramics  (Read 632 times)

thepaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Build mat category for ceramics
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:24:32 pm »

I'm trying to make a custom building where a large ceramic pot is required as a building component, but I can't find a category for only that. The best I can find is tool>large pot, but that still includes rock pots (and barrels?)

Is there a way to get just ceramic large clay pots in one category as a build mat?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build mat category for ceramics
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 01:39:10 am »

In inorganic_other.txt you'll find the definitions for ceramic materials. Tag each of them you want used in your reaction with something like [REACTION_CLASS:CERAMIC].

In your reaction use [REAGENT:ceramic pot:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:CERAMIC]. This will only allow large pots made out of materials you tagged with that reaction class.

thepaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 05:37:09 am »

OK. It isn't used in the reaction, but rather in the building. Will this work?

[BUILD_ITEM:1::TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:CERAMIC][EMPTY][NOT_CONTAIN_BARREL_ITEM][DOES_NOT_ABSORB][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

Edit: So, I went ahead and started to test it only some of the stuff isn't available at embark. Upon this reaction finishing, my game is now crashing. I think I messed up the product line but I'm not sure what it should be changed to. Below is the relevant info.

[INORGANIC:BAUXITE_POWDER]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:bauxite powder]
   [DISPLAY_COLOR:4:7:0][TILE:34]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:1281]
   [IS_STONE]

[REACTION:MAKE_BAUXITE_POWDER]
   [NAME:make bauxite powder]
   [BUILDING:QUERN:NONE]
   [BUILDING:MILLSTONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BAUXITE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BAUXITE_POWDER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:MILLING]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:58:42 am by thepaan »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 09:13:15 am »

OK. It isn't used in the reaction, but rather in the building. Will this work?

[BUILD_ITEM:1::TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:CERAMIC][EMPTY][NOT_CONTAIN_BARREL_ITEM][DOES_NOT_ABSORB][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

Edit: So, I went ahead and started to test it only some of the stuff isn't available at embark. Upon this reaction finishing, my game is now crashing. I think I messed up the product line but I'm not sure what it should be changed to. Below is the relevant info.

[INORGANIC:BAUXITE_POWDER]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:bauxite powder]
   [DISPLAY_COLOR:4:7:0][TILE:34]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:1281]
   [IS_STONE]

[PRODUCT:100:1:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BAUXITE_POWDER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]

Note you don't need to create a new type of stone to make a powder, just use this for your reation, cutting out the middle material, Also noticed your missing something from your reaction :/

[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BAUXITE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]

SO with this modified reaction theres no need to add [BAUXITE_POWER] as it will make powder from [BAUXITE] also fixed the [PRODUCT:...] you forgot the main type

[PRODUCT:(chance 1 - 100):(amount made):(main type):(subtype):(material catagory):(material)]

also your build item as a extra ':' after the 1. But I have no idea how get your buildmat to be that spacific, if the REACTION_CLASS works for the buildmat let me know :)

thepaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 11:27:57 am »

I caught the extra colon already, but thanks. ;)

I didn't know about not needing the extra powders. I'll have to clean it up a little bit, but now I have another question about that. When using the powder in another reaction, do I use :POWDER_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BAUXITE:?

The building material line seems to work. I embarked with some empty barrels, some large pots of various materials (tin, diorite, kaolinite), and both clay and fire clay. I turned all the clay into pots, but the only thing that showed up on the list was the fire clay pots. I also found out that the quantity of a bar used as a building mat is the number of bars, not the size of the bars (1, not 150).

Another issue I'm having now is that I can't get it to use the powder in a bag as a building material.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 07:11:20 pm »

If your using the powder as a reagent I think you have to use the size (150) altho 1 would work
so [REAGENT:b powder:150:POWDER_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BAUXITE]

And for the Building mat using powders I don't think that can work... Never tried it so I cannot say it's not possible

EDIT: also slap this on the end of the BAUXITE POWDER making reaction, right at the end of [PRODUCT:....]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:14:40 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

thepaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 09:06:15 pm »

Thanks  :). Everything  seems to be working now, except the dust as building material. I think you are right that you can't use powders, but, i think more specificly, it is things in bags that can't be used. I tried to change the quantity to 1 but the game still said it didn't exist (despite being able to hit 't' and see bags of it at the quern). I further tried to add the bag cotaining it but that let me use any bag. Thus, it appears that the contains:x tag does not work for building materials as it does in reactions.