Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Population cap not capping?  (Read 632 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Population cap not capping?
« on: August 19, 2011, 12:53:54 am »

Hello again, sorry for the streak of posts, but anyone experienced their population cap reaching maximum, and still receiving migrants?

My cap is at 150, still I received a wave of ~7 migrants, and now even more are coming.
Guess they want to kill my fps or something.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Population cap not capping?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:46:23 am »

What's your population when you subtract the children and babies?

I haven't had a problem with this, not after the first two guaranteed waves, but I can't remember how kids affect it.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:11:04 am »

In my experience there are two reasons why your pop cap is ignored. The first is the trivial "two migrant wave" minimum that we all must pay to play this game. The second is that not all dwarfs count towards your population total. For the most part this means babys and children, (Dwarf Therapist is notorious for deceiving you in this way) but I have seen migrant waves with this accounted for. Unless the dwarven number for one is zero, there might be another factor we haven't accounted for.

Then again, I have been known to be wrong, oftenly and drunkenly.
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 05:14:22 am »

Unless the dwarven number for one is zero, there might be another factor we haven't accounted for.

Well, the programmer number for one is frequently zero, so there is always a real possibility of that :)
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.