Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can not find path...  (Read 537 times)

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can not find path...
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:35:56 pm »

Okay so I recently entered my cavern and one thing I noticed is that my cavern is segmented into areas with and without floor fungus, basically some parts are all mud and others are not. Anyways whenever any dorf tries to do anything with any item in the cave they can't find a path to it. I'm not sure if it is because the weird areas with mud.

Also I even tried building a loom right down in the cavern and they still cannot path to any of the webs down there. They only seem to be able to collect webs if they are built in the same mud area as the webs.

Anyways, does anyone know what exactly is going on, and if there is a way to fix this?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can not find path...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:39:13 pm »

Am I correct in assuming that you have personally verified the dwarves have an unblocked path to the location you want them to access?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:43:48 pm »

yup its just a short walk down the cave. I believe they are having trouble pathing over the division in the muddied and nonmuddied cave floor.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:45:05 pm »

That makes no sense, unless..
..Go check. Is that MOSS growing, or MUSHROOMS growing?
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:49:03 pm »

There are some mushrooms, trees, and the like but there is still a path through. So for the most part it is moss. I'll get some screen shots to help show my problem.

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:28 pm »

this was what I mean when I kept getting the "cannot find path" error
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And this is what I mean when I'm talking about the weird divisions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I embarked on multiple biomes so could it be possible that the division is where the different biomes touch?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 11:03:37 pm »

Not sure whats up in the second image, but for the first one it sounds like the webs were on the level being shown, which means they were one level above ground and thus out of reach ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 11:12:06 pm »

Oops, guess I should have specified the webs were on the level below, they weren't floating and there was a clear path to them. I ended up managing to collect the webs by building the loom in the area that was lacking moss, but he would only collect the webs in that little area. This would by too much of a hassle.

Also all the cannot find path errors were lagging my game real bad (dropping my FPS from 20 to about 3) so I've sealed off the cavern's just not gonna worry about them for now. Unless there is someway to fix it, or if im overlooking something obvious.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:14:55 pm by Fallen Flame »

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:17 am »

I see you've got a portion of the cavern sans vegetation. I guarantee you that if you try to build something there it'll say "no access." There's a weird, not-reproducable bug I've gotten when using DFHack to dry water in earlier versions. Setting the water level to 0 somehow makes it impassable. I'm wondering if you got the same thing with a dry cavern tag.  Perhaps you could try flooding it and see  if that resets it?
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?