Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16549 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Meeting of the Minds)
« Reply #345 on: July 31, 2011, 03:10:12 am »

"Worried about Henry, are you?" Peter asked sympathetically. That was probably what was really wrong, here. Oliver didn't sound like he had wanted the promotion, and he was sure the elf was extremely uncomfortable leaving his sister behind. "Look, if you want to bring your sibling ashore, I'll guard 'him' the same as you. OK? I can wait for you to bring Henry back," he said. "Or I can come with you to retrieve 'em."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 31, 2011, 01:57:35 pm »

"Right, well, if you all want to be able to travel to the capital, we've got a lot of work ahead of us today. Kumar should be paying us enough to buy food and other basic supplies, but I doubt it will be enough to buy pack animals and a cart. We'll need to either barter or buy them from some locals, and to do that, we'll need to either sell or trade something from the ship. We'll, of course, also need to acquire from the ship a few supplies that we can't buy from the locals. It would be easier unloading supplies if we had a dock, but we'll just have to make do with loading things onto the rowboat for now.

"That reminds me, I need to deliver this contract to the admiral, and we'll need some extra men to protect the caravan. And I feel like I'm forgetting something. Ah, yes, the dragon's tribute. We can probably find someone in this town willing to sell livestock for tributes, and, as for that cannon I think I've heard you talking about, if you can manage to convince our handlers to let you take one to give to a dragon, I'm sure it will be much easier to figure out a way to bring it ashore aboard a rowboat."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 31, 2011, 02:58:38 pm »

Kriegaxt began to pace himself.

"Not this time, Mayta. Myval commanded me to rescue a Black Orc Priest, by the name of Faladyia, from Lugs deranged sister, Squawk...apparently, he's hoping to curry favor with a Goddesses he once counted as his enemy by having me rescue this priest and return her to the capital, or her people...My friends are organizing a caravan to the capital at this moment, I believe...

I believe my friends will have already begun to prepare for the caravans mission, not expecting to have to undergo a rescue attempt. I hope I can convince them to help me..

Anyway, Myval said you could provide aid-maps and supplies, but I'm also looking for something with a little more bite...do you know what sorts of weapons work against the undead?

I remember Lug mentioning her sister had an army of undead Orcs, and it's a worrying prospect to face them unready."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 02, 2011, 12:10:24 pm »

"Very well..." It seemed legit, but Edwyn did not trust it. There was no reason to believe whatever had befallen the Portuguese had not happened to the Admiral as well. But, as Juan had said, there was a lot to do and very little time to investigate this now. "We'll row over to the boat together, and tell the Admiral that if he wants a favour from us, he'll have to give something in return. The cannon, that is. It seems a fair trade, since I doubt there will be possible to build a port here unless the dragon consents. If he agrees, Burroughs and Peel will accompany you for the rest of the day, or until you feel you've seen enough. Tomorrow, however, they will return to our service. But until the Admiral complies, they will go nowhere with you."

He turns towards the High Elf. "Juan, do you think we will be able to hire workers and a guide for the journey to the dragon's lair in town? If we're going to be back by sundown, we should make sure the trip goes as unexciting as possible." And if it were impossible to make it, he'd just have to send the others with the caravan ahead of himself. The meeting with the dragon were far too important to put aside.
Love, scriver~

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 02, 2011, 02:37:02 pm »

"It's probably quite possible to find them, though it might get tricky paying them. We have none of these people's currency yet. It might take a while to sell our goods or find something to barter with for their services. Once we get back from the ship, I can see if I can get a cash advance from Kumar. That money is our food budget, so we'll have to make sure we make at least as much as we pay them back in our sales."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 02, 2011, 03:50:13 pm »

"True. While I doubt these people would have anything against taking our gold, we do not know what supply of gold and silver they have here - it is possible the value of gold is much lower here. Regardless, we could try to negotiate with letters of credit instead, for the time being. They know we have intention of establishing a lasting presence here. If we can make them trust that we'll pay back later, we could perhaps make the deal that way. Or at the very least, contract a loan from the merchant's guild."
Love, scriver~

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2011, 11:55:32 pm »

Kriegaxt:

Mayta nods grimly when you mention Faladyia's name. "That explains why Myval wouldn't want to tell me whats going on. Faladyia's goddess makes Crabrant look harmless in comparison, and from what I've heard of her Faladyia isn't a font of virtue herself either."

She pauses briefly to stare at the sky. "But my duty is to help you, not attempt to make sense of lord Myval's divine plan. If you are traveling with a caravan that means your friends have likely made the unwise choice of working with those crooks at the merchants guild. They, unfortunately, can provide better maps than my shrine ever could. As for supplies however... I have some friends and followers who in their misguided pursuit of material things may have acquired items of use to you."

Kneeling down the priestess grabs a handful of sand and allows it to run through her fingers. "Meet me at the shrine this evening. I'll need some time to prepare some things for you."

With that Mayta wanders back towards the town and you walk down the beach and reunite with the others.

Everybody:

Oliver turns to Peter. "Henry will be fine. He received a promotion as well and is to be the new captain of The Star of Remembrance." The sea elf takes a deep breath and looks out towards the fleet. "I'm just pissed that we are to be separated Peter. Sh...he is more than a match for a group of drunken angry marines, so I don't fear for his safety."

With that the group prepares the rowboat and returns to the Speedy II without further incident. Upon boarding you find Henry with 'his' tall elven ear pressed against the door to the admiral's quarters. The sea elf raises a finger to 'his' lips and beccons the group closer. Pressing your ears against the door you hear a loud argument between the Admiral and Lord James, the marines second in command.

"You heard the reports Admiral! Those things rose from the sea, stormed our ship, and killed three of the King's finest officers! They threw around black magic and the might of false gods like we throw around bullets, and called upon a creature so vast and mighty it could have easily destroyed our whole fleet!" James roars. "We should call the expedition off. Whatever can be found in these lands will not be worth the casualties to my men."

"You are missing the point sir!" The admiral retorts. "The reason we are here is to tap such destructive forces against France! And what kind of officer refuses to accept causalities in the name of completing his orders? Finally, as we have discussed, they are not your men. They are Oli-"

"WHAT SELF RESPECTING GENTLEMAN PASSES OVER THE RIGHTFUL SUCCESSOR TO THE COMMANDER FOR A BARNACLE SUCKING ELF!?!?!"

"What sort of marines allow the ship they are aboard to be captured by SNAILS without any sort of fight whatsoever. Your successor deserved his death." The admiral answers coldly.

"THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS MY GOOD SIR!" bellows the marine.

The eyes of Juan, Ochita, Henry, and Oliver widen as their sensitive elven ears pick up the sound of a pistol being drawn beyond the door...

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2011, 04:48:03 am »

I'll suddenly barge in, I guess.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2011, 06:03:14 am »

I might as well also barge in, and I'll have my pistol out.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2011, 08:18:15 am »

Edwyn barged in together with the others, one hand holding his cane and the other on his sabre. He didn't know what had caused the elves to react so suddenly, but he did not hesitate to follow their cue.

"What is the meaning of this, Lord James? Stay your hand!"
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2011, 08:57:38 am »

((I assume I'm the ship as well, but apart from the group?))

Kriegaxt was in the ships mess, enjoying a real meal. Apparently, some of the more enterprising  Gnomes had already begun to barter supplies to the sailors-Chimera meat? Only with red wine!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 18, 2011, 01:33:13 pm »

Peter did the obvious and followed the leader, although he didn't draw his weapons. He stayed ready in case it looked like they would be needed, but as long as Lord Edwyn was here he would defer to him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 20, 2011, 10:45:19 am »

Richard followed the rest of the group into the Admirals quarters with his hand on his sword hilt. He made sure he was nearer the front of the group.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]