Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Double Noble bug still exists and others  (Read 391 times)

Densor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Double Noble bug still exists and others
« on: November 26, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »

After upgrading to .33c (fortress started in .33a), I got a Duchess and Duke Consort in an immigration wave.  I already had a Duke and 2 Duchess Consorts, the first Duke having gone crazy after I failed to meet any of his mandates.  It was mentioned as being fixed, but there seems to be a problem still.

Additionally, water with a depth of x that freezes may always come back with a depth of 7, regardless of what x was.  I'm not certain that it is the case, but twice now I've noticed that one of my ponds (in which I had to salvage goblin goods after they noticed a thaw a bit late) has gained water during the winter.  It is feasible that the water is coming from a source other than a freeze/thaw bug, though, as I don't pay much attention to the pond.

In addition to bugs, I also noticed that the Philosopher noble should probably officially require a room, as he complains about not having one if he isn't assigned one.  Once the economy starts, he can't get one on his own because he doesn't work.

Edit: One more thing I remembered, migrant soldiers have a tendency to stay stuck on the edge of the map for a long time, compared to other migrants.  If you deactivate them and wait for them to move a square off the edge and then reactivate them, they work fine.  No clue what might be causing that.

And let me know if you want a save.

[ November 26, 2007: Message edited by: Densor ]

Elvenshae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Double Noble bug still exists and others
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Densor:
<STRONG>Edit: One more thing I remembered, migrant soldiers have a tendency to stay stuck on the edge of the map for a long time, compared to other migrants.  If you deactivate them and wait for them to move a square off the edge and then reactivate them, they work fine.  No clue what might be causing that. </STRONG>

I've noticed that assigning them to an already-extant squad causes them to go do whatever that squad is doing (sparring in the barracks, standing watch, etc.).

Patryn of Elvenshae