Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remove Decoration  (Read 847 times)

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
Remove Decoration
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:02:33 am »

I think it would be usefull to be able to remove decorations from items:

1) I would want to be able to remove heraldic symbols from acquired armor and clothing.

2) Also, ability to remove wooden decoration from stuff I would like to trade to elves.

3) Removing low-quality decorations in order to free item for applying decorations made of more expensive material and/or by more skilled worker.

4) Removing decorations from weapons/armor - IIRC, they mess with item evaluation making dwarves choose well decorated iron sword over steel of same quality level if iron sword ends up being more expensive than steel.

I hope "R"emove Decoration flag would join ranks of "M"elt item decoration and hypothetical "D"ecorate item designations.

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Decoration
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 01:02:49 pm »

This probably belongs in a broader topic, but I would love to have the choice of what items I melt down.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 03:20:07 pm »

i would like to get the materials back.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Sscral

• Bay Watcher
  • привет
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 04:04:47 pm »

This probably belongs in a broader topic, but I would love to have the choice of what items I melt down.

You can specify what item to melt, press k, move over the item with the cursor, and order it melted. (I think.)
A three year old just made an artifact doll from the skull of his dead kitten. I can only assume the mind control lasted past death.
"Look, mommy!  Now I can play with Mister Fluffles forever!"

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:27:51 am »

You can specify what item to melt, press k, move over the item with the cursor, and order it melted. (I think.)

Not to mention d-b-m designation for mass melting items in certain area and ability to select specific items or item classes in sockt menu for melting.

Selecting what to melt is rather easy and straightforward.