Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: They don't like my cooking! *tantrumsmashes floodgate*  (Read 1627 times)

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
They don't like my cooking! *tantrumsmashes floodgate*
« on: August 16, 2011, 01:31:01 am »

So I see now why I shouldn't have given my soldiers food in their backpacks to carry around with them. They have very good taste, so have taken some of the masterpeice hen egg roasts from the kitchen. Unfortunately, the egg roast is a little runny and is leaking out of their shoddy backpacks. If only I had a better leatherworker. It is now all over the floor and rotting, making my cook's life miserable.

By my count there are another 4 or 5 roasts sitting around that haven't rotted. Should I just wall her up in her room and be done with it already? She is a really good cook.  :(

Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: They don't like my cooking! *tantrumsmashes floodgate*
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:33:09 am »

How many masterworks has she created? Art defacement decreases happiness by 1000 (holy shit) divided by the number of masterworks the dwarf in question has created, so if she's been spamming them all over your food stockpiles she should be fine.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:27:50 am »

Does "art defacement" also apply when a masterful biscuit or whatever gets eaten? If so, that would be bloody silly.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:28:38 am »

Does "art defacement" also apply when a masterful biscuit or whatever gets eaten? If so, that would be bloody silly.

No.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 06:39:26 am »

A chef cooks to have his food eaten and loved. Getting angry when it gets eaten would be a bug that Toady would fix very quickly.

Tetragenic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 09:22:51 am »

Magma. Trap her with the offending roasts and sacrafice them all to Armok. In fact, sacrafice the soldiers as well. And as many goblins, elves and humans as you can. And the leatherworker.
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Dwarven Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 09:28:24 am »

A chef cooks to have his food eaten and loved. Getting angry when it gets eaten would be a bug that Toady would fix very quickly.

Actually, that was a bug once. Toady fixed it very quickly.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 10:06:50 am »

So I see now why I shouldn't have given my soldiers food in their backpacks to carry around with them. They have very good taste, so have taken some of the masterpeice hen egg roasts from the kitchen. Unfortunately, the egg roast is a little runny and is leaking out of their shoddy backpacks. If only I had a better leatherworker. It is now all over the floor and rotting, making my cook's life miserable.

By my count there are another 4 or 5 roasts sitting around that haven't rotted. Should I just wall her up in her room and be done with it already? She is a really good cook.  :(
No, food doesn't 'leak out' of backpacks. Used to be that the food would fall out when they were sparring but that's no longer the case. I've seen it happen when soldiers have to drop the backpack for whatever reason - likely because they have another uniform (this includes 'miner', 'woodcutter' and 'hunter' uniforms) to get changed into.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 10:09:48 am »

From the looks of things, she has only made one masterpiece in her life. After turning off carrying food, there are now 15 waiting to rot. Why do dwarves claim the food they put in their packs?
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 10:15:36 am »

Because otherwise, some hauler will come over and pull it right out of their backpack to store it in a stockpile. I think the solution to owned items was to give the dwarves their own chest/bag in their room. Then hope they get the "store owned item" job in time. Food doesn't rot while in a container like a chest if I recall.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.